The Macquarie University Vice-Chancellor’s International Scholarship – Postgraduate Indian Women’s Scholarship provides a partial tuition fee funding for outstanding postgraduate female students to study at Macquarie University.
It has been designed to recognise academic excellence and provide financial assistance for female Indian students.
User Review( votes)
Macquarie University is a public research university based in Sydney, Australia, in the suburb of Macquarie Park. Founded in 1964 by the New South Wales Government, it was the third university to be established in the metropolitan area of Sydney.
Course Level: The studentships are available to pursue Postgraduate programme.
Study Subject: The studentships are awarded in following priority areas: Engineering, Environment, Human Science, Media, Linguistics, and Education.
Award: The amount is varied up to AUD$11,000 and it will be applied towards your tuition fee.
Number of Awards: Not Known
The award can be taken in Australia
Eligibility: Applicants must:
- Be a female Indian citizen.
- Have met the University’s academic and English requirements for the course to be considered for a scholarship (must hold a full offer of admission for North Ryde Campus or CIty Campus by the application deadline).
- Have achieved a minimum GPA of 5.0 out of 7.0 or 60% in their undergraduate degree.
- Have applied for a postgraduate program that is longer than one session in duration.
- Commence study in session and year indicated in the program offer letter. Commencement may not be deferred.
- Have applied for a course which has a full-time study load.
You are not eligible if:
- You are a citizen of Australia, New Zealand, or hold permanent residency of Australia.
- You are currently enrolled at Macquarie University for a program which is equivalent in level.
- You have completed the same level or a higher level of study previously.
- You are in receipt of another equivalent or major award or scholarship from Macquarie University, unless you are advised otherwise by the representative of Macquarie University.
- You are a Study Abroad or an Exchange student coming to Macquarie University.
- You have applied or are currently enrolled at Macquarie University International College.
Nationality: Indian students are eligible to apply for this application .
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirements: Applicants must have achieved a minimum GPA of 5.0 out of 7.0 or 60% in their undergraduate degree.
English Language Requirements: All international students at Macquarie are required to provide evidence of proficiency in English. Macquarie University requires the following as proof of meeting standard English language requirements (ie equal to IELTS 6.5)
How to Apply:
- Applicants must complete an online course application form. Online course application will enable you to select your course and upload scanned copies of the required documents. Once your course application has been processed, you will receive a Macquarie University Student Number which is compulsory to submit the online application form.
- Applicants must complete an online application form and type “VCIS – Indian Women” in the Scholarship Name field.
Application Deadline: application deadline is June 30, 2017.