Want to gain experience working in different labs and research environments? Then, apply for the Mark James Studentships at the Birkbeck, the University of London for the academic year 2022-2023.
PhD study programme in Geography, Environment and Development Studies at the Birkbeck, University of London can be undertaken to win this studentship. Students with a relevant undergraduate or Master’s degree will be considered. The cost of study will be covered in the award.
Birkbeck, University of London is ranked 332 in QS World University Rankings by TopUniversities and has an overall score of 3.8 stars. It provides Mark James Studentship for students who want to complete their PhD degree in the UK with some financial support.
User Review( votes)
Birkbeck, University of London, is a public research university located in Bloomsbury, London, England, and a constituent college of the federal University of London. Birkbeck University London is ranked 886th in Best Global Universities.
Why choose to study at the Birkbeck, University of London? Birkbeck is one of the world’s leading research universities with a vibrant, intellectually challenging research culture. Students of Birkbeck benefit from research-led teaching.
Application Deadline: Applications will close on 28th February 2022.
- University or Organization: Birkbeck, University of London
- Department: NA
- Course Level: PhD
- Award: Tuition fee
- Number of Awards: NA
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: Domestic and International
- The award can be taken in the United Kingdom.
- Eligible Countries: Students of all nationalities, home or foreign, can apply.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: Students can undertake the Geography, Environment and Development Studies programme at the Birkbeck, University of London.
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following/given criteria:
- The applicants with experience in the field- and laboratory work will be an advantage.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: Students can apply for the desired PhD programme. All applicants that are eligible will be considered for the studentship.
- Supporting Documents: The students are required to present the following documents to the university:
- A recent CV
- Transcripts of relevant studies
- A sample of writing such as your MA dissertation or similar.
- A supporting statement. In the case of a Mark James scholarship
- Admission Requirements: The applicants have an undergraduate or master’s degree in Quaternary Geology, Geography, Biology, or another relevant discipline at merit or distinction level (with a minimum grade of 65% for their dissertation).
- Language Requirement: The students must submit scores of the following English language proficiency tests:
- IELTS – 7.0
Birkbeck, University of London, will offer the selected candidates a studentship towards their applied PhD study costs.