Outstanding PhD scholars are invited by the University of Sydney to apply for the DARE PhD Scholarships to work in a multidisciplinary research team in Australia. The scholarships will be provided for the academic year 2022-2023.
The scholarship will provide a primary stipend allowance of $40,000 per annum (fixed rate) for up to three years to domestic or international students that have applied for PhD study in the field of engineering at the University of Sydney. Students that have the required academic qualification will be deemed eligible.
This is an amazing programme that will support the higher education of students by providing the award amount of $40,000.
User Review( votes)
The University of Sydney is a public research university ranking 38th in QS Global World Rankings and 27th in Best Global Universities. It believes in education for all and leadership that improves lives in all of the communities served.
Why should you choose to study at the University of Sydney? The University of Sydney is an internationally known university consistently ranked in the top 50 universities in the world to be a leader in education, research, student experience, and graduate employability.
Application Deadline: The scholarship application is still ongoing.
- University or Organization: University of Sydney
- Department: NA
- Course Level: PhD
- Award: $40,000
- Number of Awards: NA
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: Domestic and International
- The award can be taken in Australia.
- Eligible Countries: Australian national students and other overseas students are both eligible to apply.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: Students can apply for a PhD programme in the Engineering discipline at the University of Sydney.
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following/given criteria:
- The applicants must have an unconditional offer of admission to study full-time in a PhD or Masters by Research within the Faculty of Engineering at the University of Sydney.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: Applicants are required to submit their application for admission via the official online portal of the university. Engineering students applying for the Research Training Program (RTP) scholarship will automatically be considered for this scholarship.
- Supporting Documents: The students are required to present the following documents to the university:
- Two referee report
- Research proposal
- Academic transcripts
- Student visa
- Admission Requirements: The applicants must hold either an Australian bachelor’s degree with honors (first class or second class upper) in a relevant discipline or an Australian standard master’s degree in engineering or science with at least 25 percent of the final year being a substantial research component.
- Language Requirement: The students must submit scores of the following English language proficiency tests:
- IELTS (Academic) – 7.0
- TOEFL iBT – 96
- PTE Academic – 68
The University of Sydney will provide the selected candidates a $40,000 per annum stipend scholarship for up to 3 years of PhD study.