The National Centres of Competence in Research (NCCR) is inviting applications for MARVEL Master’s Fellowships.
The aim of this program is to empower excellent female students to conduct their master’s thesis research in a laboratory belonging to the NCCR MARVEL on “Computational Design and Discovery of Novel Materials”.
Excellent opportunity for female masters students
User Review( votes)
The NCCR MARVEL is a new center for Computational Design and Discovery of Novel Materials, which has been created by the Swiss National Science Foundation in May 2014.
Why at NCCR MARVEL- MARVEL has a large number of female professors in key positions. However, the number of female students entering MARVEL related fields in Physics, Chemistry, Physics, and Computer Science is very small. In the coming years, more women scientists will be focused on recruitment efforts.
- University or Organization: NCCR MARVEL
- Department: NA
- Course Level: Master’s research work
- Award: CHF 12’000
- Access Mode: Online
- Number of Awards: Eight fellowships are available
- Nationality: Switzerland Citizens
- Program can be taken in Switzerland
- Application Deadline: April 15, 2019 or October 15, 2019
- Language: English
- Eligible Countries: Citizens of Switzerland are eligible to apply.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: The program is open to conduct master’s thesis research in a laboratory belonging to the NCCR MARVEL on “Computational Design and Discovery of Novel Materials”.
- Eligibility Criteria: Awards are open for Dedicated to female Master’s students about to start their Master’s research work, who demonstrate outstanding motivation and potential to conduct their project in the laboratory of a principal investigator from MARVEL;
How to Apply
- How to apply: To apply for this program, the applicants need to submit all documents and diplomas by this email address at [email protected]
- Supporting Documents: Candidates must be ready to submit a resume (Curriculum vitae), motivation letter, including a list of up to a max of 3 preferred host laboratories, one or two recommendation letters, mentioning ranking among peers.
- Admission Requirements: To apply for the award, applicants need to have all the copies of university degree(s) and transcripts from all grades.
- Language Requirement: The candidate should have a very good command of the English language. Therefore, the application should be written in English.
- Benefit: CHF 12’000 (split into 6 monthly payments). For travel and other additional expenditures, external awardees (from outside of Switzerland or with a host laboratory other than their home institution) get in addition CHF 500. The NCCR MARVEL covers tuition fees as well as medical insurance for extra-Europeans students, who are not covered by their own country insurance.