Each year up to two Masterate scholarships are offered for Maori students for pursuing postgraduate research at Massey University. The scholarships are open to the applicants must be enrolled or eligible to enroll full time in the research component of their master’s degree at Massey University.
Study Subject(s): All applicants are required to engage in full-time study in their approved programme of research.
Course Level: Scholarships are available for pursuing postgraduate research program at Massey University.
Scholarship Provider: Massey University, New Zealand
Scholarship can be taken at New Zealand and Overseas (Applicants intending to pursue part of the approved programme of research at a university or other approved institution overseas are required to inform the Scholarships Committee in writing of the intended overseas study period, with a statement of support for this plan by their supervisor).
User Review( votes)
- Applicants must be enrolled or eligible to enroll full time in the research component of their master’s degree at Massey University: 180-credit master ate, 240-credit master ate, and 120-credit master ate by research only. The research component must consist of between 90 and 120 credits and can include research methods and a thesis, research report, professional inquiry or project.
- Part-time students are not eligible.
- Consideration will normally only be given to students with a grade point average (GPA) of 7.5 or better (on a nine-point scale). This is above an average grade of A-.
- Applicants liable for international tuition fees must obtain additional funding to pay the international fees.
- An offer of a Masterate Scholarship is not an offer of admission to Massey University, nor does it imply Massey University approval of enrolment in an approved programme of research for a master’s programme.
Scholarship Open for International Students: Maori students can apply for these scholarships.
Scholarship Description: Masterate Scholarships and Masterate Scholarships for Maori Students are offered for the purpose of encouraging postgraduate research at Massey University. The number of Masterate Scholarships awarded each year is discretionary and will be contingent on available funding. Up to two Masterate Scholarships for Maori Students will be awarded each year.
Number of awards (s): The number of Masterate Scholarships awarded each year is discretionary and will be contingent on available funding. Up to two Masterate Scholarships for Maori Students will be awarded each year.
Duration of award(s): Every scholarship shall be tenable at Massey University for a maximum period of 12 months devoted to full-time research.
What does it cover? The value of each scholarship is $15,000. The University Scholarships Committee may reduce the value of a scholarship to meet the circumstances of individual applicants.
How to Apply: To apply for the scholarship, the applicants must submit an online application through the given link:
Scholarship Application Deadline: Applications close on 1 July to commence tenure by 1 September in the current year, or on 1 February to commence tenure by 1 April in the current year.