Masterate Scholarships and Masterate Scholarships for Maori Students are offered for the purpose of encouraging postgraduate research at Massey University. The number of Masterate Scholarships awarded each year is discretionary and will be contingent on available funding.
Massey University offers a range of undergraduate and postgraduate degrees, diplomas and certificates to students from around New Zealand, and the world.
User Review( votes)
- Application Deadline: July 1, 2019
- Course Level: The studentships are available for pursuing postgraduate research program at Massey University.
- Study Subject: All applicants are required to engage in full-time study in their approved programme of research.
- Award: The value of the Masterate Scholarship and Masterate funding for Maori Students shall be $15,000. The grants Committee may reduce the value or amend the terms and conditions of a scholarship to meet the circumstances of individual applicants.
- Number of Awards: Up to two Masterate Scholarships for Maori Students will be awarded each year.
- Nationality: Maori and International students
- The award can be taken in New Zealand
- Eligible Countries: Maori and International students can apply for these endowments.
- Entrance Requirements: The bursaries are open to persons who are enrolled or eligible to enrol full-time for the thesis research component of their Master’s degree at Massey University. The research component must be 90 – 120 credits (this may comprise two research papers studied in consecutive semesters that constitute a single project overall). A full-time candidate will be expected to work 40 – 50 hours per week on their Masterate qualification. Part-time applicants are not eligible. Consideration will normally only be given to students with a GPA of 7.5 or better (on a 9 point scale). This is above an average grade of A-.
- English Language Requirements: Applicants from outside the home country will often need to meet specific English language/other language requirements in order to be able to study there.
How to Apply: Application forms are available from Massey Contact at each campus contact-at-massey.ac.nz.
Applications must be received by The grants Office, Research and Enterprise by:
13.11 July to commence tenure by 1 September in the current year, or
13.21 October to commence tenure by 1 April the following year.