Kunenga ki P?rehuroa (Massey University) is offering a PhD scholarship to encourage both domestic and international applicants to commence study in February 2023.
The award program is part of a large multi-disciplinary research project, ‘Fish Futures: reimagining freshwater ecosystem management in Aotearoa.’ Professor H?mi Whaanga will supervise the project in Te Putahi-a-Toi.
Nice offer to commence PhD study in New Zealand.
User Review( votes)
A range of world-renowned educational degrees, diplomas, and certificates are available at Massey University at undergraduate and graduate levels to students from around New Zealand and the world.
Why study at Massey University? With an established reputation for academic leadership, research excellence, and innovative teaching grounded in real-world issues, Massey University prides itself on its programs’ relevance and quality. It is consistently ranked in the top 3% of universities globally.
Application Deadline: 28 February 2023.
- University or Organization: Kunenga ki P?rehuroa (Massey University)
- Department: Graduate Research School
- Course Level: PhD or doctorate, research
- Award: $90,000 plus tuition fees
- Access Mode: Online
- Number of Awards: 1
- Nationality: Domestic and International
- The award can be taken in New Zealand
- Eligible Countries: All nationalities, including New Zealand
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: The studentship will be awarded to PhD or doctorate, Research study for three years.
- Admissible Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must have completed a bachelor’s honors degree, bachelor’s degree with honors, or master’s degree, in a related discipline or be regarded by Massey University as having an equivalent level of attainment.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: Applicants must submit their application for consideration to Professor H?mi Whaanga. After approval from Professor Whaanga, applicants must proceed with a full Higher Degree Research (HDR) admission application.
- Supporting Documents: Applicants must include the following with their application:
- a letter outlining their thematic interest in the project, motivation, and profile (maximum two pages)
- your CV
- relevant academic transcripts
- a pertinent sample of their academic writing (e.g., a working paper, a thesis chapter)
- Admission Requirements: To be accepted into a PhD or professional doctorate at Massey, you must meet the academic entry requirements.
- Language Requirement: Applicants must meet the English language requirements for study at Massey. Applicants need one of the following:
- To be from, or have completed their qualifying degree from, New Zealand, Australia, Canada, Ireland, the United Kingdom, or the United States
- An Academic International English Language Test (IELTS) score of at least 6.5 with no band less than 6.0
- An internet-based Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL iBT) score of at least 90 overall and 20 in writing.
- All English evidence is valid for two years from the date of completion.
- The successful applicant will have fees covered and accept a stipend of $30,000 per year annually for the three-year duration of the award.
- The project provides ample financial resources to support fieldwork and other project costs. The PhD scholar will be supported through the broader ‘Fish Futures’ project team and the Graduate Research School, Massey University.