The Academic Medical Center (AMC) is inviting applications for MD/PhD Scholarships. The program is open for honours Bachelor students as well as other outstanding medical students.
The Academic Medical Center, or AMC, is the university hospital affiliated with the Universiteit van Amsterdam.
User Review( votes)
The candidate should have a very good command of English language. Therefore, the application should be written in English.
- Application Deadline: August 20, 2018
- Course Level: The studentships are available for pursuing MD/PhD programme.
- Study Subject: The studentships are awarded in the field of Medicine.
- Award: The MD/PhD scholarship covers the costs of the salary of an MD/PhD student for a period of two and a half years, plus limited additional research expenses. If the total cost of the planned project is likely to exceed this amount, the MD/PhD student and the PhD supervisor will need to secure additional funding from other sources. In total, four internally AMC funded MD/PhD The studentships are available in 2016. The AMC grants funding for two years (half the grant for an AMC flexible OiO position), the department is obliged to match the salary for the remaining months of research work. Before the allocation of the MD/PhD Scholarship, a written matching declaration signed by both the head of the department and the division manager must be submitted. It is also possible to apply with complete departmental or external funding. These applications follow the same selection procedure and criteria. The number of externally funded MD/PhD positions is also limited to four.
- Nationalities: Citizens of Netherlands are eligible to apply.
- Number of Awards: Not Known
- The award can be taken in the Netherlands
- Eligible Countries: Citizens of Netherlands are eligible to apply.
- Entrance Requirements: Eligible for the MD/PhD program 2018-2019 are AMC students who:
Started the Bachelor’s degree program in Medicine in the academic year 2015-2016, or
Started earlier and are without unnecessary study delay, or
Started the premaster program in Summer 2017, and
Have not yet started clinical internship rotations, and will not start their clinical internship rotations before March 1, 2019, or
Are students accepted in the “nominal students program 2017-2018” and
Will obtain a Bachelor’s or Premaster degree in Medicine before January 1, 2019
- English Language Requirements: The candidate should have a very good command of English language. Therefore, the application should be written in English.
To apply for an MD/PhD scholarship, you must submit the following documents, in this order:
- A letter explaining your reasons for applying and how you fulfil the requirements;
- A research proposal using this form
How to Apply:
Applications should be sent via email.