To reward the academic achievements made by international students, the University of Leicester has decided to award them the Media, Communications, and Sociology Merit Undergraduate Scholarships for the academic year 2023-2024.
International-fee-paying students applying for an undergraduate degree in the University of Leicester School of Media, Communications, and Sociology can apply for this scholarship. This merit-based award will give the selected students a maximum of £5,000.
Media, Communications, and Sociology Merit Undergraduate International Scholarships, UK
Amazing opportunity for students in the UK.
User Review( votes)
The University of Leicester is a public research university ranked 212th in Best Global Universities with a mission of generating excellence through solid foundations and creating a new campus and strategy with our Citizens at its heart.
Why choose to study at the University of Leicester? The university is always at the forefront of research in its field and actively influences change and global debate. It gives its students opportunities to provide new ways to understand the world. LU welcome students and staff from more than 100 countries across the world.
Application Deadline: Applications for this scholarship are currently open.
- University or Organization: University of Leicester
- Department: School of Media, Communications and Sociology
- Course Level: Undergraduate degree
- Award: Worth either £3,000 or £5,000 per year
- Access Mode: Online
- Number of Awards: Varies
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in the UK.
- Eligible Countries: All nationalities – Africa, Asia, Australasia, Europe, Latin America and the Caribbean, Middle East, and North America
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: Undergraduate courses in Media and communication and Sociology:
- Media and Communication BA
- Media, Society and Culture BA
- Film and Media Studies BA
- Journalism BA
- Journalism with Creative Writing BA
- Journalism and Media BA
- Journalism and Sociology BA
- Admissible Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following criteria:
- This scholarship rewards academic achievement in whatever qualifications your country has that are equivalent to British A-levels
- Applicants must be classified as an international students for fee purposes.
- Applicants must start a full-time, campus-based undergraduate course at the University of Leicester School of Media, Communications and Sociology in September 2023.
How to Apply
There is no need to apply for this scholarship. Eligible students will be automatically considered.
- How to Apply: Applicants must follow these given six steps to apply for an undergraduate degree in median and communication and sociology:
- Step 1: Register with UCAS (University and Colleges Admissions Service)
- Step 2: Choose a course
- Step 3: Write a personal statement
- Step 4: Get a reference
- Step 5: Pay your application fee: students pay a small administrative fee to UCAS when they apply. This covers applications for up to five courses at different universities.
- Step 6: Hit submit
- Supporting Documents: the personal statement and reference
- Admission Requirements: Other national and international qualifications considered.
- Language Requirement: IELTS 6.5 or equivalent. If your first language is not English, you may need to prove your English language ability.
The students selected for this scholarship will be provided £3,000 or £5,000 to carry out their UG study at the University of Leicester.
- Two grades above standard A-level equivalent – £3,000 per year.
- Three grades above standard A-level equivalent – £5,000 per year.