Are you from Pakistan and want to study in the UK? Cardiff University is delighted to offer the five full-fee awards in the form of tuition fee discounts at the Schools of Earth & Environmental Sciences, Engineering, and Geography & Planning.
The Meezan Scholarship program is open for international students from Pakistan and holds an offer for full-time and Cardiff campus-based postgraduate taught degrees commencing in September 2023.
Nice offer for Pakistani students to study in the UK.
User Review( votes)
Cardiff University was established in 1883 located in Wales, United Kingdom. It is the only Welsh member of the Russell Group of research-intensive British universities. Cardiff is a top-five university for research excellence and offers 300 undergraduate courses and multiple postgraduate and research programs.
Why study at Cardiff University? Cardiff University’s motto is Gwirionedd, Undod a Chytgord. The university has 26 academic schools that are divided into three colleges: Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences; Biomedical and Life Sciences; and Physical Sciences.
Application Deadline: Applications for 2023 scholarships will close at 23:59 BST on 31 May 2023.
- University or Organization: Cardiff University
- Department: Schools of Earth & Environmental Sciences, Engineering, and Geography & Planning
- Course Level: Postgraduate taught degree
- Award: Full tuition fee award
- Access Mode: Online
- Number of Awards: 5
- Nationality: Pakistani
- The award can be taken in the UK
- Eligible Countries: Pakistan
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: The following postgraduate taught programs are eligible for the Meezan Scholarship:
- MA in Architectural Design
- MA Urban Design
- MSc Applied Environmental Geology
- MSc Environment and Development
- MSc Environmental Hazards
- MSc in Building and Infrastructure Information Modelling for Smart Engineering
- MSc in Civil and Geoenvironmental Engineering
- MSc in Civil and Water Engineering
- MSc in Civil Engineering
- MSc in Structural Engineering
- MSc Sustainability, Planning and Environmental Policy
- MSc Urban and Regional Development
- MSc Water in a Changing World
- Admissible Criteria: To be eligible for the Meezan Scholarship, the applicants must meet all the following criteria:
- Applicants must be domiciled in Pakistan (or have been displaced due to the flooding) and be Pakistani nationals who are holding offers for eligible master’s programs across the Schools of Earth and Environmental Sciences, Engineering, and Geography and Planning.
- Applicants must be able to evidence that they meet all entry requirements of their offer, including English language requirements, by 20 August 2023
- Applicants must be self-financed and not in receipt of non-repayable funding from alternative sources
- Applicants must be holding an offer for an eligible postgraduate taught degree commencing in September 2023 at the point of submitting a scholarship application
- Applicants must be classed as an international fee-paying student
- Applicants must accept their offer by 30 June 2023
- Successful applicants will be required to engage with the International Office to produce promotional content about their experience as international students at Cardiff. This may include written pieces/blogs and video content as well as participation in occasional webinars or other online activities.
How to Apply
Application Forms – for postgraduate study
- How to Apply: All eligible offer holders will be contacted by email with details of how to access the online application form. Downloaded application forms for admission to postgraduate study must be completed and posted to the University’s central Admissions Office, in the first instance:
The Admissions Office, Cardiff University
PO Box 927, CF24 0DE
- On the application form, applicants will be required to answer the following questions with a maximum of 250 words per question:
- Applicants must tell: What are their reasons for wanting to study at Cardiff University and in their chosen program of study?
- Applicants must describe a significant achievement in their student life, or in their working career, and explain the impact it had on other people
- Applicants must also describe how they plan to utilize the skills and experience they develop in their chosen program to deliver onward benefits in relation to future natural disaster management and prevention in Pakistan
- Supporting Documents: Applicants must provide all the following documents:
- Writing a research proposal
- Personal statement
- References: some programs require one or two references – applicants can ask their referee to download and fill out the Referee report form or obtain a signed and dated reference on headed paper
- Exam results (copies of original certificates or transcripts and English translations, if necessary, to prove they have the qualifications listed on their application form)
- English Language certificates (for applicants whose first language is not English)
- Admission Requirements: Applicants are required to meet the admissions criteria for postgraduate study at Cardiff University.
- Language Requirement: If applicants are an overseas applicant and their first language is not English, then they must have a proven level of English to study a master’s course. See – English Language requirements.
- Cardiff University is offering 5 new full-fee Meezan Scholarships for Pakistani students entering into an eligible master’s degree program in September 2023.
- The award will be awarded in the form of a tuition fee discount only. No cash alternative is available.