The Ménière’s Society is pleased to announce its inaugural competition for the best scientific essay on the topic of Ménière’s disease. The competition is open to all and will recognise original and innovative achievement in the field of Ménière’s research. Young researchers and students are encouraged to apply.
The Ménière’s Society is the only registered charity in the UK dedicated solely to supporting people with vestibular (inner ear) disorders causing dizziness and imbalance.
A valuable study program for students.
User Review( votes)
The award will be given at the Ménière’s Society Conference, held in London (UK) on Saturday 15 October 2016.
- Applications are welcome from outside of the UK, however, the prize money will be paid in GBP. Costs incurred in entering the competition are the responsibility of the applicant.
- The winner will receive the Society’s Marie and Gordon Nobbs Award.
- The essay will be reviewed and marked according to the following criteria: scientific reasoning, clarity, novelty and bibliographic reference. The Ménière’s Society research panel will mark the essays.
- The subject of the essay should be pertinent to Ménière’s disease from a medical, biological or sociological point of view.
- Example essay topics include:
- Novel theories explaining Ménière’s disease
- Socio-economic effects of Ménière’s disease
- Philosophical considerations on Ménière’s disease
- Treatment of Ménière’s disease
- Diagnostic techniques for Ménière’s disease
- Experience as a Ménière’s disease subject
- Entries should be an original piece of work and be previously unpublished.
- Entries should be submitted online.