The MasterCard Foundation has partnered with Michigan State University to provide full-tuition scholarships to undergraduate and master’s degree students from sub-Saharan Africa.
The mission of The MasterCard Foundation is to advance education and financial inclusion to catalyze prosperity in developing countries. The Scholars Program is a 10-year, US $500 million initiative that will enable 15,000 academically talented students from economically disadvantaged communities (mostly in sub-Saharan Africa) to attend secondary school and/or university.
A fine educational program for citizens of Sub-Saharan African countries.
User Review( votes)
Michigan State University (MSU) is a public research university in East Lansing, Michigan, United States. MSU was founded in 1855 and became the nation’s first land-grant institution under the Morrill Act of 1862, serving as a model for future land-grant universities.
- Applications deadline: Closed
- Course Level: Scholarships are available for pursuing a Master programme at Michigan State University.
- Study Subject: Scholarships are awarded to study the subjects offered by the university.
- Scholarship Award: The MasterCard scholarship will cover full tuition for those accepted to the program.
- Number of Scholarships: Numbers are not available.
- Scholarship can be taken in the USA
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
- The program is open to residents and citizens of Sub-Saharan African countries. Students who are already enrolled in degree programs in Africa or elsewhere are not eligible for the program.
- The program is open to residents and citizens of Sub-Saharan African countries.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirement: Graduate: The MasterCard Foundation Scholars Program at Michigan State University for master’s students is open to students who have already completed a bachelor’s degree at an African university and are residents or citizens of an African country.
Test Requirement: Undergraduate applicants must provide either WAEC/NECO Scratch Card information, official or certified copies of O and A level results, or any National High School Leaving Examination results.
English Language Requirement
Undergraduate: MSU currently does not waive English language requirements for any country in Africa, even if the primary language of students’ schooling is English. (See MSU’s English language proficiency requirements for more details.) International students must provide English language proficiency examination results to be considered for admission to MSU. Students only need to take one of the following exams to prove English language proficiency: SAT, ACT, IELTS and TOEFL The MasterCard Foundation Scholarship is not available to those who only qualify for provisional admission based on their TOEFL or IELTS scores.
Graduate: Each department has varying requirements for standardized testing. Please check with individual program and department to verify which tests and what scores you need for regular admission into the program.
The MasterCard scholarship will cover full tuition for those accepted to the program.
How to Apply:
Complete this scholarship application and upload it electronically via online admissions account.