Microsoft is offering free online course on Analytics Storytelling for Impact. In this analytics storytelling course, you’ll learn effective strategies and tools to master data communication in the most impactful way possible—through well-crafted analytics stories.
In this six-week course, applicants will learn how to deliver greater impact with analytics by integrating the art and science of data storytelling into your work. This course will start on August 29, 2017.
User Review( votes)
Course At A Glance
Length: 6 weeks
Effort: 2-4 hours pw
Subject: Data Analysis & Statistics
Institution: Microsoft and edx
Certificate Available: Yes, Add a Verified Certificate for $99
Session: Course Starts on August 29, 2017
We live in a mobile-first and cloud-first world. Computing is ubiquitous, and experiences span devices and exhibit ambient intelligence. Billions of sensors, screens and devices – in conference rooms, living rooms, cities, cars, phones, PCs – are forming a vast network and streams of data that simply disappear into the background of our lives.
About This Course
All analytics work begins and ends with a story. Storytelling is the analytics professional’s missing link in delivering the essence of signals and insights from data to executives, management and more for real business results.
Why Take This Course?
In this analytics storytelling course, you’ll learn effective strategies and tools to master data communication in the most impactful way possible—through well-crafted analytics stories.
- How to apply storytelling principles to your analytics work
- How to improve your analytics presentations through storytelling
- Guidelines and best practices for creating high-impact reports and presentations
Mario is an Executive Communications Manager and Master Storyteller, helping teams and individuals across Microsoft to improve storytelling skills for professional and personal impact.
Ben is a Sr. Content Developer for Microsoft’s Learning and Readiness team, and is an analytics professional and educator with over 8 years of industry and managerial experience.
- One of the following edX courses or equivalent knowledge and skills:
- Analyzing and Visualizing Data with Excel or
- Analyzing and Visualizing Data with Power BI
- Working knowledge of PowerPoint.
How To Join This Course
- Go to the course website link
- Create an edX account to SignUp
- Choose “Register Now” to get started.
- EdX offers honor code certificates of achievement, verified certificates of achievement, and XSeries certificates of achievement. Currently, verified certificates are only available in some courses.
- Once applicant sign up for a course and activate their account, click on the Log In button on the orghomepage and type in their email address and edX password. This will take them to the dashboard, with access to each of their active courses. (Before a course begins, it will be listed on their dashboard but will not yet have a “view course” option.)