Microsoft is offering free online course on Introduction to DevOps. This course is part of the Microsoft Professional Program Certificate in Front-End Web Development.
In this four-week course, applicants will learn how to make your application lifecycle faster and more predictable both for developers and the operations team. This course will start on October 1, 2017.
User Review( votes)
Course At A Glance
Length: 4 weeks
Effort: 2-3 hours pw
Subject: Computer Science
Institution: Microsoft and edx
Certificate Available: Yes, Add a Verified Certificate for $99
Session: Course Starts on October 1, 2017
We live in a mobile-first and cloud-first world. Computing is ubiquitous, and experiences span devices and exhibit ambient intelligence. Billions of sensors, screens and devices – in conference rooms, living rooms, cities, cars, phones, PCs – are forming a vast network and streams of data that simply disappear into the background of our lives.
About This Course
DevOps is the union of people, process and products to enable the continuous delivery of value to end users. It aims to create a culture and environment where building, testing, and releasing software can happen rapidly, frequently, and more reliably, so you can innovate like a startup and scale for the enterprise.
Why Take This Course?
This introductory DevOps course, you’ll be able to define DevOps, understand why you need DevOps, and learn how you can get started with DevOps. You’ll learn the key ideas and techniques to bring development and operations together to produce higher-quality software and deliver it more quickly.
- The value, history, and building blocks of DevOps
- How to unify processes and improve collaboration between development and operations
- Continuous Integration (CI), continuous testing, and continuous deployment
- Release Management, configuration management, and monitoring in DevOps
Steven Borg is the Co-Founder and Strategist of Northwest Cadence. Steven has been a Microsoft ALM MVP since product inception in 2005, speaks regularly at Software Development and Visual Studio conferences, and has authored Microsoft courseware and white papers on Team Foundation Server, regulatory compliance in software development, Scrum, and Lean.
Lei are a Senior Content Developer at Microsoft. She’s been working on developer tools and technologies since she joined Microsoft in 2009.
- Experience working inside an organization that delivers software
- A basic understanding of source control and Agile software development process
How To Join This Course
- Go to the course website link
- Create an edX account to SignUp
- Choose “Register Now” to get started.
- EdX offers honor code certificates of achievement, verified certificates of achievement, and XSeries certificates of achievement. Currently, verified certificates are only available in some courses.
- Once applicant sign up for a course and activate their account, click on the Log In button on the edx.org homepage and type in their email address and edX password. This will take them to the dashboard, with access to each of their active courses. (Before a course begins, it will be listed on their dashboard but will not yet have a “view course” option.)