Microsoft is offering free online course on Windows Server Virtualization. This self-paced course will help students understand and implement the components of the Hyper-V role.
In this four and five week course, applicant will learn how Windows Server virtualization works and use Hyper-V to efficiently administer server workloads. This course will start on June 27, 2017.
User Review( votes)
Course At A Glance
Length: 4 – 5 weeks
Effort: 4 – 5 hours pw
Subject: Computer Science
Institution: Microsoft and edx
Certificate Available: Yes, Add a Verified Certificate for $99
Session: Course Starts on June 27, 2017
We live in a mobile-first and cloud-first world. Computing is ubiquitous, and experiences span devices and exhibit ambient intelligence. Billions of sensors, screens and devices – in conference rooms, living rooms, cities, cars, phones, PCs – are forming a vast network and streams of data that simply disappear into the background of our lives.
About This Course
This course will teach you the necessary skills for proper server virtualization. It will also prepare you for Microsoft certification tests and badges – everything you’d need in an introductory job in Windows Server administration.
Why Take This Course?
Students will put in place the appropriate virtualization strategy for your Windows Server environment.
- What virtualization technologies are available and when they should be used
- How to configure Hyper-V, virtual machines, virtual storage, and virtual networks
- How to use Windows Server containers with Docker.
Cindy is a Senior Content Developer for Microsoft specializing in Windows Server IT professional online training.
Tony is a Content Developer for Microsoft with over 15 years specializing in IT professional online training.
- Learners should be familiar with how virtual machines differ from traditionally deployed physical machines.
- As Windows PowerShell will be used to implement features in this course, learners should have a good foundation in accessing and using simple Windows PowerShell commands.
How To Join This Course
- Go to the course website link
- Create an edX account to SignUp
- Choose “Register Now” to get started.
- EdX offers honor code certificates of achievement, verified certificates of achievement, and XSeries certificates of achievement. Currently, verified certificates are only available in some courses.
- Once applicant sign up for a course and activate their account, click on the Log In button on the edx.org homepage and type in their email address and edX password. This will take them to the dashboard, with access to each of their active courses. (Before a course begins, it will be listed on their dashboard but will not yet have a “view course” option.)