Middlesex University is excited to announce the five fully funded British Council MSc Scholarships for Women in STEM for the 2023/24 academic year.
The fully-funded awards are open to female students from East Asia studying in an eligible MSc program. The program’s purpose is to support girls and women who are underrepresented in STEM.
Nice offer for Women in STEM.
User Review( votes)
Founded in 1973, Middlesex University is divided into three faculties: “Arts and Creative Industries,” “Professional and Social Sciences,” and “Professional and Social Sciences.” Middlesex’s research covers a wide spectrum of subjects across its three faculties.
Why study at Middlesex University? At Middlesex, they provide quality education and confer students with the right opportunities and career support to get where they want to go. It has a strong reputation among modern universities for its innovation in research and education.
Application Deadline: 5 March 2023.
- University or Organization: Middlesex University
- Department: STEM
- Course Level: Master (MSc)
- Award: Fully-funded
- Access Mode: Online
- Number of Awards: 5
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in the UK
- Eligible Countries: East Asia (Cambodia, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, Myanmar, Philippines, Thailand, or Vietnam)
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: The scholarship will be awarded for a master’s degree (MSc) program in the STEM field in the following subjects:
- Engineering Management MSc
- Computer Science MSc
- Data Science MSc
- Robotics MSc
- Intelligent Telecommunications Engineering
- Business Information Systems Management MSc
- Admissible Criteria: To be eligible for a British Council Scholarship for Women in STEM, the applicants must meet all the following criteria:
- Be a woman (cis-gendered or trans) or identify as non-binary
- Be a passport holder and permanent? resident of Cambodia, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, Myanmar, Philippines, Thailand, or Vietnam.
- Be available to start their academic studies in the UK by the start of the UK academic year in September/October 2023
- Meet the entry requirement for a postgraduate program at Middlesex University by holding an undergraduate degree or equivalent (by the time they submit their application)
- Meet the English language requirement for their program or pass the Pre-Sessional English Program at Middlesex University.
- Have not previously studied at a degree level or higher in the UK
- Have not recently lived in the UK
- Demonstrate a case for financial need
- Demonstrate their interest in the program they are applying for and that they are active in their chosen field.
- Agree to maintain contact with the British Council and act as an ambassador for the UK. This will mean participating in activities both during and after their studies in the UK. Any involvement in these activities during their studies will take up no more than five hours per term.
- Demonstrate a passion for and an intention to engage other women and girls from their home country in STEM. This will need to be evident in their application.
- Demonstrate that they are willing to contribute in the future to capacity-building and socio-economic advancement through the benefits achieved after graduating from their degree at Middlesex.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: To be considered for the program, the applicant must complete the following steps:
- Step 1: Apply to an MSc Course Here (if the applicant hasn’t done so already). Once they’ve found the right course for applicants, they can apply to study at Middlesex through an Applicant Portal.
- Step 2: Submit an application form by using the online Scholarship Application Form, or Download the WORD Form
- Supporting Documents: Applicants must submit all the required documents as mentioned:
- Transcripts and certificates
- A statement of their grades/marks
- Two recent passport-size photographs
- Two academic references on the official letterhead of the school/college
- A personal statement of 200 words or more
- A valid passport
- Provide evidence of the English language ability
- Admission Requirements: Each course has a set of specific academic entry requirements that applicants will need to meet to be considered for entry into the program.
- Language Requirement: Applicants must need make sure that they meet the English language requirements if applicants are not nationals of a majority English-speaking country or they haven’t completed a degree in English.
Middlesex University will provide five fully funded scholarships for the 2023/24 academic year. The scholarships can be used by female students undertaking eligible MSc courses. Each scholarship covers the following:
- Full tuition fees
- NHS health care surcharge
- Visa fees
- A monthly stipend for 12 months
- The return flight (economic fare).
It also covers other related costs, including the IELTS exam fee and pre-sessional English course (if applicable). Additional funding is available if scholars have caring responsibilities.