Applications are invited for Uganda Public Health Fellowship Program at Makerere University for the year 2019. This fellowship is available for Ugandan students.
The goal of this program is to develop a competent workforce by learning-through-service and responding to real public health problems of Uganda.
User Review( vote)
Makerere University Kampala (MUK)is Uganda’s largest and third-oldest institution of higher learning. Today, Makerere University is composed of nine colleges and one school offering programmes for about 36,000 undergraduates and 4,000 postgraduates. Makerere University is one of the oldest and most prestigious Universities in Africa.
- Applications Deadline: Closed
- Course Level: The FET is a 2-year training-through-service program.
- Study Subject: Fellowship is awarded in applied epidemiology and public health leadership.
- Nationality: This fellowship is available for Ugandan students.
- Number of Scholarships: In 2019, the program will offer ten (10) Fellowships in the Field Epidemiology Track.
- Scholarship can be taken in Uganda
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
- Eligible Countries: This fellowship is available for Ugandan students.
- Entrance Requirements: Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Successful applicants should have a Master’s degree in any of the following disciplines: Public Health, Health Services Research, Epidemiology, Veterinary Public Health, Nutrition, Environmental Health, Wildlife, and any other health-related disciplines.
- Required Work Experience: Applicants should have 3-7 years of work experience in any health-related field including human health, environmental health veterinary health, wildlife, etc. Applicants working in hard-to-reach areas and those working within the Public Service will have an added advantage. Successful applicants working within the Public Service will be required to provide a letter releasing them for 2 years to pursue the Fellowship prior to enrolment. Interested applicants should visit the Public Health Fellowship Program website at www.uphfp.org for a detailed description of the program.
- How to Apply: Please visit www.uphfp.org and create an account, log in and apply no later than Monday, July 15, 2018.