The Mo Dewji Foundation is inviting applications from high school students to pursue an undergraduate program in Tanzania. Students from Tanzania are eligible to apply for this fellowship program.
The program is intended to create a community of passionate students and provide them with the capacity to achieve their greatest potential.
Amazing opportunity for candidates
User Review( votes)
The idea for the Mo Dewji Foundation was conceived in 2000, when the CEO of MeTL Group, Mohammed Dewji, driven by passion and ambitions for the society, made great efforts to develop and expand the company’s Corporate Social Responsibility and its role in creating positive change. The Mo Dewji Foundation now conducts all CSR operations of MeTL Group.
Course Level: The studentships are available to pursue undergraduate programme.
Study Subject: The studentships are awarded in the area of Education.
Award: support will be applied to the following expenses only:
- Tuition Fees = TZS 1,000,000 – TZS 1,500,000 depending on the academic program of the program recipient.
- Direct University Fees = ID fees, registration fee, examination fees, medical capitation fees, student union fees, books, and stationery allowance. A maximum amount of TZS 80,000 per scholarship recipient.
- Housing and meals allowance = TZS 1,500,000 per annum per scholarship recipient.
Number of Awards: Numbers not given.
The award can be taken in Tanzania
The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for the opportunity :
High Academic Achievement: Recipient must have obtained a grade point average of not less than 3.8 on their A-Levels. This will be judged based on their academic transcript and by testimony to your scholarly excellence that is provided by a letter of recommendation from a teacher.
Other eligibility requirements include:
- The recipient must be a citizen of the United Republic of Tanzania (at the time they apply for the opportunity ).
- The recipient must have attended a secondary school in Tanzania to be eligible for this application . Home-schooled students are not eligible.
- The recipient must be fluent in both English and Kiswahili at the time of their application.
- The recipient must be entering their first year of undergraduate education.
- The recipient must declare their intent with a major/degree program of his/her choice.
- The recipient should not have studied for, or hold a degree or degree-equivalent qualification from a tertiary institution within Tanzania or outside the country.
MDF is committed to equality of opportunity, and no application will be treated less favourably than another on the grounds of gender (including reassignment), marital or parental status, race, ethnic origin, colour, disability, sexual orientation, religion or age.
Nationality: Students from Tanzania are eligible to apply for this fellowship programme.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirements: Recipient must have attended a secondary school in Tanzania to be eligible for this scholarship. Home-schooled students are not eligible.
English Language Requirements: Recipient must be fluent in both English and Kiswahili at the time of their application.
How to Apply
How to Apply: Please be sure to read the program overview before applying to the program. If you feel you meet our eligibility criteria, you may download and complete the application form. Send this form and all other application materials (listed on the application) to moscholars-at-modewjifoundation.org by October, 20th, 2017 at 11:59 PM EAT.
Before applying, make sure that you have all the required documents!
- MoScholars Program application form
- Official un-conditional acceptance letter to UDSM or SUA
- Official secondary/high-school transcript
- Teacher recommendation letter
- Letter and supporting evidence demonstrating financial need
- Letter and supporting evidence demonstrating leadership potential
Application Deadline: Closed