The University of Roehampton is offering 3-year PhD Studentships at the Department of Psychology. The department will fund two new studentships at Home/EU fee rate, with a stipend (currently £15, 553).
The University of Roehampton, formerly Roehampton Institute of Higher Education, is a public university in the United Kingdom, situated on three major sites in Roehampton, south-west London.
User Review( votes)
Applicants whose first language is not English are usually required to provide evidence of proficiency in English at the higher level required by the University.
- Application Deadline: Closed
- Course Level: Studentship is available for pursuing PhD program at the Department of Psychology.
- Study Subject: Of the three projects listed, the projects attracting the best two applicants will be awarded a PhD award starting in January 2018. Successful applicants will engage in PhD study full-time and integrate into the life of the Department of Psychology, working with academic colleagues and undergraduate students.
- Female Genital Mutilation: Psychological impact, health and social services utilization, and intervention.
- A neuropsychological study of the role of cognitive load and working memory capacity in distraction suppression.
- The impact of interpersonal regulatory fit between people in distress and potential helpers on empathy, prosocial behavior and perceived support.
- Award: This program is a three-year, full-time, doctoral research studentship and will come with a full bursary, in addition to a full tuition fee waiver and consumable costs. Start date January 2019.
- Number of Awards: There are two studentships available.
- Nationality: UK/EU and International students
- The award can be taken in the UK
- Eligible Countries: Funding is available for UK/EU and International students.
- Entrance Requirements: This PhD studentship will investigate cross-talk between skeletal muscle and pancreatic ?-cells to help improve our understanding of the pathophysiology of pre-diabetes and type 2 diabetes. This PhD project will provide students with the opportunity to develop a range of skills including; isotope methodology, liquid chromatography-mass spectrometry, immunomicroscopy, and miRNA analysis. Potential candidates can come from a variety of backgrounds including biomedical sciences, human physiology, nutrition and exercise science.
- English Language Requirements: Applicants whose first language is not English are usually required to provide evidence of proficiency in English at the higher level required by the University.
How to Apply: To apply, please email the following to pgresearch-at-roehampton.ac.ukwith RPS Psychology Studentship AND the first three words of the project title in the subject heading.
- A copy of CV including copies of your academic qualifications.
- A cover letter stating the reasons you are applying for this studentship and outlining your expertise and relevant skills. Please also address in two paragraphs maximum why you are interested in this specific research project and which research methods you would use to conduct the research.
- A completed Application Form for PhD Study (RDB1) downloadable at http://www.roehampton.ac.uk/Courses/Graduate-School/Application-Packs/.
- Note that references are to be submitted by your referees separately to this email address, by the deadline.