The North-South Cooperation of the University of Zurich (UZH), in collaboration with the Oeuvre St.-Justin Fribourg, is offering the Mobility Grant for outstanding students in Switzerland. The grants are available for mobility students from African universities for the academic year 2015-16.
The grants can be used to study one or two semesters at UZH. Grants will only be awarded if a professor at UZH guarantees supervision and is interest in working with the mobility student’s home institution.
Wonderful offer for applicants in Switzerland.
User Review( votes)
- Study Subject(s): Grants are available to learn any of the courses offered by the university.
- Course Level: Grants are awarded for PhD and Masters Level of study.
- Programme Provider: University of Zurich
- The award can be taken at Switzerland
- Grants will only be awarded if a professor at UZH guarantees supervision and is interested in working with the mobility student’s home institution.
- Mobility students from African universities are eligible.
Open for International Students: Mobility students from African universities are eligible to apply for mobility grants.
The number of awards (s): It is offering three grants for mobility students from African universities for the academic year 2015-16.
Duration of award(s): Grants can be used to study one or two semesters at UZH.
How to Apply
How to Apply: Applications must be submitted by post by UZH professors. Incomplete applications and applications handed indirectly by mobility students will not be considered.
Please enclose the following with the completed application form:
- The complete CV of the prospective recipient
- Endorsement letter from the supervising professor at UZH
- Endorsement letter from a professor at the home university
- Letter of motivation by the prospective recipient
- Description of studies
- Reason for choosing UZH
- Proof that funding criteria are met
- Proof of matriculation at the student’s home university
- For students at the Master’s level
- Current transcript of records
- Copy of high school diploma and Bachelor’s degree
- Completed form “Tentative Study Plan”
- For PhD students
- Copy of Bachelor’s and Master’s degree
- Research proposal (2-3 pages) including project description, research question, hypothesis, methodology, project timeline
- Proof of language skills relevant for studies at UZH (German and/or English)
- Copy of prospective recipient’s passport (identification page)
Passport photo of the prospective recipient (electronic version)
The student mobility grant covers the following costs:
- Travel expenses up to CHF 1,500 for a flight to and from Switzerland
- Up to CHF 400 for German language classes at UZH
- Allowance for living costs, study materials and insurance:
- For students at the Master’s level: allowance of the total value of CHF 1400 per month
- For PhD students: allowance of the total value of CHF 1700 per month
- Accommodations and breakfast are offered free of charge at Justinus Haus Zürich
Application Deadline: Closed