The Ministry of Education is pleased to offer the MOE Short Term Research Awards to assist outstanding candidates in Taiwan for the academic session 2022-2023.
The Ministry of Education (MOE) created this award to encourage individuals from foreign countries to undertake short-term research in Taiwan in the hopes of enhancing their understanding of Taiwanese culture and society and of promoting exchanges and cooperation between Taiwan and other countries.
Great opportunity for international students to study in Taiwan.
User Review( votes)
The Taiwan Fellowships & Scholarships (TAFS) program is a Republic of China (R.O.C.) government initiative to promote relevant research, educational links, and enduring friendships between Taiwan and the global community. Approximately 1,200 grants are provided annually for undergraduate and postgraduate students and researchers worldwide to study or conduct advanced research in Taiwan.
Application Deadline: Applications must be received before the end of September 2022.
- University or Organization: Ministry of Education
- Department: NA
- Course Level: PhD or Post Doctoral
- Award: NT$25,000 to NT$40,000
- Number of Awards: N/A
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in Taiwan
- Eligible Countries: All nationalities.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: PhD and Postdoctoral degree in Taiwan’s humanities, social sciences, culture, arts, and relevant comparative research (excluding areas relating to science, medicine, engineering, and relevant comparative studies).
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following criteria:
- Be a doctoral candidate from an overseas university or a postdoctoral research fellow.
- Be neither a Taiwanese national nor an overseas Taiwanese compatriot.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: To being enlisted in the programme, The students must complete an online application form.
- Supporting Documents: Applicants have to submit the academic transcripts of all previous schools attended and a copy of their passport.
- Admission Requirements: For admission, applicants must have a previous degree certificate from any recognized university.
- Language Requirement: The applicants must meet be proficient in the English language.
- PhD candidates will receive a monthly research allowance of NT$25,000, and Post Doctoral Fellows will receive a monthly research allowance of NT$40,000.
- One round-trip, economy-class ticket for the most direct route to Taiwan (The maximum subsidized amount is determined by the MOE.)
- The terms of the fellowship are two to six months.