Applications are invited for MOFA Taiwan fellowship available for foreign researchers to undertake research studies at Taiwan’s universities, colleges or research institutions for the session 2021/2022.
The main purpose of this program is to provide financial support for outstanding candidates who have a plan to pursue a research degree program at any Taiwan’s university.
Nice offer for international students to study in Taiwan.
User Review( votes)
The Taiwan Fellowship is established by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MOFA) to award foreign experts and scholars interested in researches related to Taiwan, cross-strait relations, mainland China, Asia-Pacific region and Chinese studies to conduct advanced research in Taiwan.
Application Deadline: June 30, 2021
- Course Level: Research studies
- Study Subject: A scholar’s field of study should be in the social sciences and humanities, with a topic related to Taiwan, cross-strait relations, mainland China, the Asia Pacific, and Sinology at universities or academic institutions in Taiwan.
- Awards: Varies
- Nationality: International applicants
- Scholarship can be taken in Taiwan
- Eligible Countries: All nationalities
- Entrance Requirements: Recipients shall be foreign professors, associate professors, assistant professors, post-doctoral researchers, doctoral candidates, or doctoral program students at related departments of overseas universities, or are research fellows at an equivalent level in academic institutions abroad.
- How to Apply: If you are interested to apply for this award, candidates are required to take part in a research program at Taiwan’s universities, colleges or research institutions. After that, applicants can complete online application form for this opportunity.
- Supporting Documents: Applicants must submit all the following documents:
- Resume (including a publication list)
- Research proposal (Three pages in principle using a standard research format) and
- Two letters of recommendation, or one letter of recommendation and one letter of consent from the chief administrator of their institute.
- English Language Requirements: The candidate should have a very good command of the English language.
The fellowship program will provide all the following study benefits:
- Monthly grants are paid at the beginning of every month. Professors, associate professors, research fellows, or associate research fellows: NT$60,000. Assistant professors, assistant research fellows, or doctoral candidates: NT$50,000.
- One round-trip, economy-class ticket for the most direct route to Taiwan (The subsidy will be decided by MOFA in accordance with the relevant regulations).
- The terms of fellowship are 3 to 12 months.
- Accident insurance (plus medical insurance for accidental injuries) coverage of NT$1 million.