The Johns Hopkins University is awarding MPH Tuition Scholarship to support the student who has been displaced due to the conflicts in Syria, South Sudan, Afghanistan, or Somalia. The scholarship is available to pursue a master degree in Public Health.
The aim of the scholarship is to produce graduates of responsible character with the necessary knowledge and skills.
The Johns Hopkins University is an American private research university. The Johns Hopkins Center for Humanitarian Health is a unique and collaborative Johns Hopkins academic program conducted jointly by the Bloomberg School of Public Health, the School of Medicine and the School of Nursing.
Course Level: The scholarship is available to pursue a master degree.
Study Subject: The scholarship is awarded in Public Health.
Scholarship Award: The scholarship will cover full tuition for the 11-month program of study.
Number of Scholarships: One scholarship is available.
Scholarship can be taken in the USA
Eligibility: Applicants must meet the following eligibility requirements:
- Syria and currently residing in Egypt, Lebanon, Jordan or Turkey, or residing under Temporary Protected Status in the U.S.
- South Sudan and currently residing in Kenya, Ethiopia, Sudan or Uganda, or residing under Temporary Protected Status in the U.S.
- Somalia and currently residing in Kenya or Ethiopia, or residing under Temporary Protected Status in the U.S.
- Afghanistan and currently residing in Pakistan or Iran, or residing under Temporary Protected Status in the U.S.
Nationality: Applicants of Syria, South Sudan, Afghanistan, or Somalia are eligible for the scholarships.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirement: Applicants must have previous year degree.
English Language Requirement: JHSPH requires a minimum TOEFL score of 100 or IELTS score of 7.
How to Apply: International Applicants from Afghanistan, South Sudan and Somalia can apply for waivers for the SOPHAS application
- Applicants must notify the Scholarship Program of their desire to be considered for the scholarship by e-mailing
Application Deadline: The application deadline is December 1, 2017.