The Makerere Institute of Social Research (MISR) is inviting applications for five year MPhil/PhD programme under four broad themes Political Studies, Political Economy, Historical Studies, and Literary and Cultural Studies. This scholarship is available to Ugandan and International students.
The Makerere Institute of Social Research (MISR) has had a proud existence since its establishment in 1948. The secret of this pride has been its ability to change with the times, at times to muster the courage to defy scholarly convention, often to be at the cutting edge of change at Makerere.
Applicants whose first language is not English are usually required to provide evidence of proficiency in English at the higher level required by the University.
- Application Deadline: June 29, 2018
- Course Level: Scholarships are available to pursue MPhil/PhD programme.
- Study Subject: Four broad themes define the program’s intellectual focus: Political Studies, Political Economy, Historical Studies, and Literary and Cultural Studies.
- Scholarship Award: Every applicant who is admitted will automatically be considered for financial aid.
- Nationality: Available to Ugandan and International students.
- Number of Scholarships: Numbers not given
- Scholarship can be taken in Uganda
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
Eligible Countries: Available to Ugandan and International students.
Entrance Requirements: To be eligible for this scholarship you must meet the following requirements:
The MISR Interdisciplinary MPhil/PhD programme is open to applicants who have earned a B.A. Upper Second or equivalent (students with lower than a B.A. Upper Second must demonstrate evidence of subsequent achievement such as publications or a postgraduate degree). Applicants who have a Masters or PhD are welcome to apply; however, all students must complete the entire programme, including two years of coursework, regardless of prior academic qualifications.
English Language Requirements: Applicants whose first language is not English are usually required to provide evidence of proficiency in English at the higher level required by the University.
How to Apply: The application form can be downloaded at: http://rgt.mak.ac.ug and for scholarship at http://www.misr.mak.ac.ug/uploads/application.pdf.