The Faculty of Architecture and Faculty of Planning is offering Scholarships for MPhil/PhD in Architecture at CEPT University. this application is available for Indian students.
The objective of the program is to train scholars towards advanced research and training. Creating an opportunity for the students to rigorously explore and develop in-depth knowledge in a subject of their interest and thereby enabling them to make original contribution in their field of research.
User Review( votes)
CEPT University focuses on understanding, designing, planning, constructing and managing human habitats. Its teaching programs aim to build thoughtful professionals and its research programs deepen understanding of human settlements. CEPT University also undertakes advisory projects to further the goal of making habitats more liveable. Through its education, research and advisory activities, CEPT strives to improve the impact of habitat professions in enriching the lives of people in India’s villages, towns and cities.
- Applications Deadline: Admission timeline: Monsoon/July 2019 intake
(Updated on 12th Sep 2018)
- Last date for receiving complete application form with reference letters: March 31, 2019
- Announcement of shortlisted candidates: 8-Apr-2019
- Personal interviews: 22-Apr-2019
- Announcement of admitted candidates: 29-Apr-2019
- Monsoon semester 2019 begins: 15-Jul-2019
- Course Level: The studentships are available to pursue MPhil/PhD programs.
- Study Subject: Students are encouraged to consider applying for diverse areas of research. However, before applying, students are strongly recommended to discuss their area of research interest with the respective Faculty Doctoral Program Coordinators.
- Scholarship Award: CEPT University offers financial assistance in form of full/partial tuition fee waiver to the deserving candidates, decided through a due procedure, and based on need-cum-performance-based criteria. The University also offers a scholarship (INR 36,700 per month-subject to change) for the first six months of the mandatory coursework against teaching assignments (15-20 hrs/week) as allocated by the respective Faculty. Continuation of scholarship is subject to satisfactory performance which will be evaluated periodically, and availing fresh teaching assignments (15-20 hrs/week) every following semester.
- Nationality: this application is available for Indian students.
- Number of Scholarships: Numbers not given
- Scholarship can be taken in India
Eligibility for the Scholarship
Eligible Countries: this application is available for Indian students.
Entrance Requirements: Applicants must meet the following criteria:
MPhil/PhD in Architecture
- A professional masters (or equivalent) degree in Architecture, Architectural Design, Conservation, History & Theory, or Landscape Architecture is required.
- Master’s degree in social sciences (sociology, anthropology, economics, environmental studies, history), art history or civil engineering, is also acceptable. In such cases, an applicant may be advised to undergo a one-year bridge course. Please note that students from non-architecture background will get the PhD degree in ‘Built Environment Studies’.
How to Apply: To apply for any course follow the steps below:
- Go to the CEPT website
- Click on the ‘Admissions 2016’ button (on the header menu) at the top of the page. This will open a page with all the programs offered at CEPT University.
- Click on the program you wish to apply. This will open the tab with ‘About’ ‘FAQ’ & ‘How to Apply’. Click on the ‘How to Apply’ button and you will be redirected to page containing eligibility criteria, program details and the link to the admissions portal.