Aiming to become an expert in the field of research? The International Livestock Research Institute is offering MSc Fellowships for interdisciplinary natural and social science research under a BMZ-funded project.
The program is open for those eligible candidates, who wish to investigate livestock characteristics in agricultural production systems with a major focus on ruminants.
Excellent fellowship opportunity for international candidates
User Review( vote)
International Livestock Research Institute an international agricultural research institute, which works to improve food and nutritional security and reduce poverty in developing countries. It also works to secure the assets and market participation of the poor.
Why should apply to this program? Through this opportunity, students can get the outstanding student experience that will make them leaders in their field. They can get their research studies or career to the next level.
Application Deadline: Applications are open
- University or Organization: International Livestock Research Institute
- Department: NA
- Course Level: Research
- Award: Cover living expenses
- Access Mode: Online
- Number of Awards: Not known
- Nationality: Citizens from all around the world
- The award can be taken in Kenya
- Eligible Countries: Aspirants from any country
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: Research in Natural and Social Science
- Admissible Criteria: The applicant must have to enroll in an accredited MSc program in a Kenyan university and is near completion of coursework, experience in East Africa and/or with agricultural production systems in developing countries, willingness to work in the field, flexibility and a high degree of independence is required.
- Claimants need to have knowledge of Microsoft Excel for data entry and common practices of data quality control and data quality assurance, ability to supervise and train research assistants and provide the necessary advice.
- Candidates must have the ability to effectively communicate in a multicultural context, present findings to diverse audiences, and support facilitation of multi-stakeholder workshops and ability to integrate into an international interdisciplinary team of researcher and practitioners and ability to collaborate with social scientists in a multidisciplinary project.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: To apply for this fellowship, claimants must have to be enrolled in the master’s degree program at any Kenyan university. After taking confirmation, applicants can apply for the award.
- Supporting Documents: Aspirants may be asked to provide the copies of transcripts, statement of purpose, letter of motivation, letter of recommendation and CV.
- Admission Requirements: For being admitted, seekers are required to obtain an honors Bachelor’s degree in animal production or animal (ruminant) nutrition.
- Language Requirement: To be eligible for this program, aspirants must have to meet the minimum English language requirements.
Benefits: ILRI will provide a stipend to cover living expenses in the project location, medical insurance, and cover research expenses.