Marine Technology Society offers significant scholarships each year for marine-related programs. Scholarships are offered to college graduate, undergraduate, and senior high school students accepted into a full-time marine-related program.
These are exciting opportunities for students with little to no experience using marine technologies. The Marine Technology Camps offer students a chance to learn about several technologies and to deploy equipment to gather data applied to various investigations.
Great offer for international students to get fund for Marine study in abroad.
User Review( votes)
The Marine Technology Society was incorporated in June 1963 to give members of academia, government, and industry a common forum for the exchange of information and ideas.
Application Deadline: MTS Scholarship applications are due by April 15 in each year.
- Course Level: Scholarships are offered at the graduate, undergraduate, and senior high school level.
- Study Subject: Scholarships are awarded in marine technology, marine engineering and/or marine science.
- Award: Money is to go toward tuition only for the current school year. The award cannot be applied towards room, board, book, equipment or anything other than tuition. The check is in US funds only and is sent directly to your Bursar’s Offices, not to scholarship recipients. No exceptions. This is a one-time award, not a continuous award.
- Number of Awards: Not given
- Nationality: International students
- The award can be taken in Abroad (Colleges may be international or domestic, not just the US).
- Eligible Countries: International students can apply (all student members from around the world are welcomed. Colleges may be international or domestic, not just the US).
- Entrance Requirements: Scholarships are for MTS student members only. For membership information, please click here. Student membership is open to full-time graduate, undergraduate, and senior high school students for only $25 per year. To be eligible for the scholarships, you must be either a full-time college student currently enrolled in either a 2-year or 4-year academic program, a full-time graduate students OR a high school senior who has been accepted to either a 2-year or 4-year academic program. Colleges may be international or domestic. Please note: If you previously received one of the following awards, you are ineligible to apply the following year for the same award.
- How to Apply: Applicants can apply online firstly then have to print and post them. In most cases, you will need to submit the application, reference(s), a recommendation letter and a certified transcript. They can accept transcripts in two ways:
- A “Certified Electronic Transcript” also known as Official e-Transcripts (a secure, certified PDF that is password protected and has been digitally signed and certified) and emailed from the school registrar’s office to [email protected]
- Official sealed transcripts must be postmarked and mailed to- Marine Technology Society
Scholarships, 1100 H Street NW, Suite LL-100, Washington, DC 20005
- English Language Requirements: Applicants from outside the home country will often need to meet specific English language/other language requirements in order to be able to study there.
- John C. Bajus Scholarship: $1,000 – Open to MTS members who are college undergraduates and graduate students currently enrolled full time in a marine-related field who have shown a commitment to community service and/or volunteer activities
- Dieter Family Scholarship: UP TO $1500 – Open to MTS members that are college undergraduate or graduate students currently enrolled full time in a marine-related field. Full student registration and UP TO $1500 for travel-related expenses to an MTS/IEEE Oceans Conference. Winners are strongly encouraged to volunteer while at OCEANS. Winners will be required to submit an expense report with all receipts to ensure the money was used properly. Final approval will be determined by the MTS office. MTS will not cover personal items or alcohol/tobacco products
- The Paros-Digiquartz Scholarship: $2,000 – Open to MTS members with an interest in marine instrumentation who are undergraduate or graduate students currently enrolled full time in an academic institution.
- The MTS Student funding for Graduating High School Seniors: $2,000 – Open to MTS student members that are high school seniors who have been accepted into a full-time undergraduate program
- The MTS Student funding for Graduate Students: $2,000 – Open to MTS members that are college graduate students currently enrolled full time in a marine-related field
- The MTS Vembu Subramanian Memorial Scholarship: $2,000 – Open to MTS members focused on studying marine technology, marine engineering and marine science in India.
- Charles H. Bussmann Undergraduate Scholarship: $2,500 – Open to MTS members who are college undergraduate students currently enrolled full time in a marine-related field
- Charles H. Bussmann Graduate Scholarship: $2,500 – Open to MTS members who are college graduate students currently enrolled full time in a marine-related field
- The MTS Student funding for Undergraduate Students: $3,000 – Open to MTS members that are college undergraduate students currently enrolled full time in a marine-related field
- The MTS Student funding for Two-Year, Technical, Engineering and Community College Students: $3,000 – Open to MTS members enrolled in a two-year, technical, engineering or the community college in a marine-related field
- ROV Scholarship: Up to $8,000 – Open to MTS student members interested in remotely operated vehicles (ROVs) or underwater work that furthers the use of ROVs.