The Africa Centre of Excellence for Pharm-Biotechnology and Traditional Medicine (PHARMBIOTRAC) is happy to announce Scholarships to study MSc (by Coursework and Dissertation) and PhD (by Research) in Pharm-Biotechnology and Traditional Medicine Programmes. International students are eligible to apply for this scholarship program.
To this end, PHARMBIOTRAC will provide financial support to selected highly motivated, research-focused and qualified candidates to pursue their MSc and PhD Study Programmes aimed at achieving the goal of the center.
User Review( votes)
Mbarara University of Science and Technology (MUST), is the second oldest public University in Uganda established by an Act of Parliament of the Republic of Uganda, and with a vision “to be a centre of academic and professional excellence in Science and Technology”.
Course Level: Scholarship is available to pursue MSc and PhD programme.
Study Subject: Scholarship is awarded in Pharm-Biotechnology and Traditional Medicine.
Scholarship Award: The support should cover research expenses that will include field trips/placements, internships, conference attendance, and publication charges. Financial support shall be provided to selected students (MSc for up to 2 years) and (PhD for up to 3 years). The support will initially be granted for one-year renewable upon successful completion of the first year. Renewal of financial support for the subsequent scholarship years will be dependent upon successful completion of the previous year with written evidence of satisfactory progress received from an immediate supervisor of the candidate.
Number of Scholarships: Not Known
Scholarship can be taken at Mbarara University of Science and Technology (MUST), Uganda with exciting laboratory attachment/placements in facilities of partner universities/research institutes as well as industrial placements (internships) in India, Kenya, Mozambique, South Africa, Sudan, Uganda, USA, etc.
Eligibility: The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for the scholarship:
- Applications are now invited from highly motivated, research-focused and qualified candidates for the admission to the following programs at Mbarara University of Science and Technology commencing August 2017.
- MSc in Pharmacology (by Coursework and Dissertation, Duration 2 Years Full time) Entry Requirements: A honors Bachelors degree in Medicine and Surgery or its equivalent from a recognized University or A honors Bachelors degree in Health Sciences or Biological Sciences e.g. Human Medicine, Veterinary Medicine, Dentistry, Nursing, Bachelor of Science.
Nationality: International students are eligible to apply for this scholarship program.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirements: Applicants must have an honours Bachelors degree in Medicine and Surgery or its equivalent from a recognized University.
English Language Requirements: Applicants should demonstrate proficiency in English, which will be the medium of instruction. However, where possible, English language support will be provided to the candidates who may not have sufficient knowledge of English during the course of their stay at MUST.
How to Apply: Applicants must send scanned (soft copies) of the below-listed documents, merged into one PDF document (i.e. not in separate files as separate documents). However, PhD research concept notes, abstracts of copies of master’s dissertation/thesis (or equivalent), and publications if any should be sent in a PDF format as separate documents.
- Completed application form which can be downloaded from the University website,
- A cover letter indicating which program of study the application is being made and description of the motivation to join the program, and interest in scholarship.
- A curriculum vitae (CV),
- Certified copies Master’s and Bachelor’s degrees and transcripts (for PhD and MSc respectively),
- Recommendation letters from at least two academic referees who are knowledgeable about the applicant’s behaviours and ability,
- Copies of valid National Identification Card or passport Ugandan national,
- Copies of Passport for non-Ugandans, Applicants from countries where English is not the medium of instruction must provide an English proficiency certificate from a relevant body or institution in their respective countries,
- Research Concept Note relevant to the PhD theme sought,
- Abstract of copies of master’s dissertation/thesis (or equivalent) Publications (if any).
- A scanned copy of the application fee payslip Support letter from employer (if any),
- Sponsorship letter from an organization providing funding (if any).
Application Deadline: Closed