Applications are invited for NAC Arts Scholarships from Singaporean students. Scholarships are available for students to pursue an undergraduate or postgraduate programme in Singapore or overseas on a full-time basis.
The NAC Arts Scholarship aims to nurture outstanding individuals who are committed to championing his/her artistic or professional practice and contribute to the arts and cultural development in Singapore. As future cultural leaders, they are expected to serve and bring about a positive impact of the arts to the wider community in Singapore.
User Review( votes)
The National Arts Council of Singapore was established “to nurture the arts and make it an integral part of life in Singapore.”
- Course Level: Scholarships are available for pursuing an undergraduate or postgraduate degree programme at recognised universities or art institutions in Singapore or overseas on a full-time basis.
- Study Subject(s): The NAC Arts Scholarships support courses in performing arts, visual arts, literary arts, or technical design and production management, and cultural management.
- List of Subjects: The following areas of study will be given priority: Arts criticism and writing, Arts management/ Cultural policy/ Creative entrepreneurship, Arts practice with a focus in a traditional art form reflecting the Chinese, Malay and Indian heritage of Singapore, Community Arts, Creative writing and literary translation, Music business and production, Technical design and production management and Visual arts curating
- Scholarship Award:
- For the local study, the Scholarship will cover tuition and compulsory fees up to 90% of total costs, subject to a maximum of $110,000.
- For the overseas study, the Scholarship will cover tuition and compulsory fees, monthly maintenance allowance and one-time return airfare up to 90% of total costs, subject to a maximum of $110,000.
- Scholarship can be taken at Singapore or Overseas
In order to apply for scholarships, applicants must follow the given criteria:
- Be Singapore Citizens and Singapore Permanent Residents
- Possess GCE “A” level, Diploma, International Baccalaureate or equivalent certificate and a Bachelor degree or equivalent (postgraduate scholarship)
- Applicants who have started their undergraduate or postgraduate programme may apply. However, for a postgraduate scholarship, there must be at least 12 months to the completion of study from the point of the scholarship award.
Nationality: Students of Singapore can apply for these scholarships.
How to Apply
How to Apply: Applicants can apply online. Upon online submission, prepare their supporting documents to be delivered to NAC. Supporting documents must be submitted by post according to the Scheme applied. If they have indicated interest for 2 Schemes, please submit 2 separate sets of supporting documents. In addition to the application for the scholarship, the applicant must submit the following documents: -Application form
- Personal statement
- Curriculum Vitae
- Letter of admission
- Course Details
- Copies of transcripts and certificates of past qualifications, including results of their GCE ‘O’ and ‘A’ Levels, or equivalent. Certified true copies will be required if they are successful for the NAC Arts Scholarship.
- Copies of past Scholarships, Awards, Commendations, Prizes, and Certificates received.
- Confidential reference letters from two referees.
- Samples of applicant’s work, depending on his/her field of practice.
- National Service record (male applicants only) – A copy of Certificate of Service as proof of O.R.D or Clearance Letter, where applicable.
Application Deadline: Closed