The Nanyang Business School (NBS) is offering PhD/Postdoctoral scholarships in the field of accountancy and business to study in Singapore for the academic year 2018. Scholarships are open to Singapore citizens only.
The Nanyang Business School (NBS) International PhD/Postdoctoral Scholarship aims to encourage outstanding Singapore citizens to pursue an academic career in accountancy and business at the Nanyang Technological University (NTU), by supporting their doctoral studies abroad.
User Review( votes)
The Nanyang President’s Graduate Scholarship (NPGS) is a competitive and prestigious scholarship scheme designed to encourage outstanding graduates or final-year students to take their first step towards a leading research career by studying for a PhD at NTU.
Course Level: Scholarships are available to pursue PhD as well as the postdoctoral programme.
Study Subject: Scholarships are awarded in the field of accountancy and business at the Nanyang Technological University (NTU).
Scholarship Award: Awardees will enjoy prevailing staff benefits, including:
- A starting salary of S$3,300 per month for Awardees to the PhD programme, and a slightly higher amount for Postdoctoral Awardees. The latter is often subject to host university’s minimum salary requirements;
- Contributions to their Central Provident Fund (CPF) account;
- Two sets of round-trip economy class tickets between Singapore and country of study;
- Tuition fees and other non-hostel compulsory university fees will be pegged to the tertiary institutions’ prevailing rates;
- Overseas maintenance allowance of not more than S$1,500 per month for the duration of overseas study;
- Conference and fieldwork grants of up to S$3,000 per year, available by application;
- Medical insurance will be covered based on the standard rates of the home and host Universities’ medical benefits schemes; Annual salary adjustment but not performance bonus in accordance with the prevailing regulations of the University; and
- Miscellaneous one-off allowances, stated below, with a total cost not exceeding S$5,600:
- Computer allowance; b. PhD thesis / postdoctoral research allowance; c. Settling-in allowance; d. Warm clothing allowance; and e. Excess baggage allowance.
Scholarship can be taken in the Singapore
Eligibility: The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for the scholarship:
- The Scholarship is open to Singapore citizens only.
- The successful applicant should have a First Class Honours Bachelor’s degree in Accountancy, Business, Social Sciences, Mathematics or Engineering. Second Upper-Class Honours Bachelor’s degree with exceptional research aptitude, interests or experience can also be considered. Undergraduate students in their final year of study may apply and may be given a provisional scholarship offer. A detailed study plan and interviews by College and University panels will form an important part of the selection process.
Nationality: The Scholarship is open to Singapore citizens only.
How to Apply: Applicants who have not read the NBS International PhD/Postdoctoral Scholarship information booklet are advised to do so before proceeding with the application. Applications, together with the supporting documents listed in paragraph 2 below, should be submitted to the NBS by 31 December 2017 (i.e. application deadline).
The following supporting documents should be submitted together with a completed Part I of the Application Form for NBS International PhD/Postdoctoral Scholarship:
- Applicant’s latest curriculum vitae (which should include details on any teaching experience at undergraduate and above levels of studies) and publication list, if available;
- An abstract of any thesis previously written;
- Copies of 2 or 3 pieces of research work that the applicant considers to be his/her most significant works;
- A proposal of at least 2 research topics which he/she intends to pursue, with a minimum of a half-page write-up on the details of each proposed topic.
- A copy of applicant’s NRIC.
- A copy each of the detailed results/transcripts of the following examinations: GCE ‘O’ & ‘A’ Levels / School & Higher School Examinations or University degree(s)
- A copy each of the following certificates: GCE ‘O’ & ‘A’ Levels / School & Higher School Examinations or University degree(s)
- A minimum of 2 confidential referees’ reports.
Application Deadline: Closed