NASA in partnership with Houston Cinema Arts Society is offering the 2020 CineSpace Short Film Competition for filmmakers around the world.
CineSpace is a short film competition for filmmakers, editors, and animators with a passion for storytelling to create unique films for a chance to win cash prizes.
Excellent opportunity for filmmakers.
User Review( votes)
Filmmakers are asked to make a short film of 10 mints or less duration. You have a chance to share their work inspired by, and using, real NASA footage that has been collected from over 50 years of space exploration!
Houston Cinema Arts Society (HCAS) is dedicated to presenting innovative films, media installations, and performances that celebrate the artistic process and enrich Houston’s culture and urban vitality.
The Screenings and Competition (hereafter “Competition”) are offered and open only to natural persons who are at least 18 years of age at the time of entry. Parents and guardians of filmmakers younger than 18 can submit on their behalf.
How to Apply
To apply, you will need to complete the following steps to submit your work.
- Apply at https://www.nasa.gov/cinespace-2020
- The submitted works (your video) may be uploaded to the Tongal website
- Fill out the required information on the Submission Form, and Agree to Terms in the Submitter’s Agreement
- Any non-English language works should be submitted with English subtitles.
- There is no entry fee to submit to CineSpace and you may submit more than one original work.
- Submissions must contain at least 10% (based on total running time) of NASA video imagery.
- Competition Awards: $26,000 in total prizes
- Optional: Special Judging Categories and Awards for Best Documentary: USD 4,000, Film That Best Exhibits Human Presence in Space: USD 3,5000, a Film That Uses the Must Unusual or Obscure Imagery from the NASA Archives: USD 500
Application Deadline: July 15, 2020