National Bioscience Award for Career Development (NBACD) recognizes outstanding contributions of young bio-scientists below 45 years through a grant for research projects to help in their career development.
The award is to recognize outstanding contributions of young scientists below 45 years of age in basic and applied research and to provide grant for research for their career development.
User Review( votes)
The Department of Biotechnology is an Indian government department, under the Ministry of Science and Technology responsible for administrating development and commercialisation in the field of modern biology and biotechnology in India.
- Application Deadline: April 15, 2018
- Course Level: Awards are given for pursuing research programme.
- Study Subject: Awards are available for scientists who are engaged in basic and applied research in Biological Sciences including Biotechnology, Agricultural, Medical, and Environmental Sciences.
- Scholarship Award: Each award carries a cash prize of Rs 2,00,000/- and a trophy alongwith a citation and a project research grant of Rs 15,00,000/- @ Rs 5,00,000/- per year for a period of three years for career development.
- Number of Scholarships: Upto 10 awards will be given.
- Scholarship can be taken in India
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
- Eligible Countries: Citizens of India are eligible to apply.
- Entrance Requirements:
Any Citizen of India who is engaged in basic and applied research in the areas of biosciences and biotechnology in the country.
He/She should have made significant and outstanding contribution in the areas of biosciences/biotechnology during last 5 years and the work must have been done entirely in The work for which nomination is made must have been carried out in India.
He/She should submit a research project for advancement of his/her work in India for a period of next 3 years.
He/she should be below the age of 45 years as on 31st December of the year of award.
How to Apply:
The nominations (2 copies) neatly typed in double space on plain paper in the prescribed proforma complete with enclosures should reach on or before 15th April, 2018 to Mr. J.K. Dora, Under Secretary, Department of Biotechnology and a soft copy in MS-Word .doc file to be sent via e-mail.