The University of Pennsylvania is offering free online course on English for Business and Entrepreneurship. This course is designed for non-native English speakers who are interested in learning more about the global business economy.
In this course, you will learn about the topics and language necessary to succeed in the international workplace. 100% online: Start instantly and learn at your own schedule.
Course At Glance
- Length: 5 weeks of study
- Effort: 2-4 hours/week
- Subject: English
- Institution: University of Pennsylvania and Coursera
- Languages: English
- Price: Free
- Certificate Available: Yes
- Session: Ongoing
The University of Pennsylvania (commonly referred to as Penn) is a private university, located in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States. A member of the Ivy League, Penn is the fourth-oldest institution of higher education in the United States and considers itself to be the first university in the United States with both undergraduate and graduate studies.
About This Course
Welcome to English for Business and Entrepreneurship, a course created by the University of Pennsylvania, and funded by the U.S. Department of State Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs, Office of English Language Programs.
Why Take This Course?
This is a free online course. This MOOC will be offered with Video Transcripts in English. Applicants can get a verified certificate.
In this course, you will learn about the topics and language necessary to succeed in the international workplace. You will explore business English through authentic readings and video lectures while learning about business vocabulary, concepts, and issues.
- Unit 1 will provide an introduction to entrepreneurship by examining ideas, products, and opportunities.
- In unit 2, you will learn about the basics of market research, including how to identify an opportunity. The next unit in the course will focus on business plans, why these plans are important and will give you a chance to practice composing a business plan.
- In the final unit of the course, we will present basics for funding a business and will help you create a persuasive presentation, or pitch, based on a business plan.
This course is designed for non-native English speakers who are interested in learning more about the global business economy.
- Amy Nichols, Manager of International Research and Program Development, English Language Programs
- James Riedel, Executive Director, English Language Programs
How To Join This Course
To enroll in this course for free, click on “Enroll now” and then select “Full Course. No certificate.”