The National Board for Higher Mathematics (NBHM) is proud to offer MA/MSc scholarships for Indian applicants. These are available in the field of mathematics.
The aim of the programs is to encourage and enhance the study of mathematics. These are awarded in the field mathematics.
The National Board for Higher Mathematics (NBHM) was set up by the Government of India under the Department of Atomic Energy (DAE), in the year 1983, to foster the development of higher mathematics in the country.
Applicants must meet the following eligibility requirements:
- Students holding a first class B.A./B.Sc. degree in mathematics holding a B.A.(Hons.)/B.Sc.(Hons.) degree in mathematics with at least a second class.
- Pupils in the final year of the B.A./B.Sc. program expecting to complete the course by July 2017 with a first class (or, in case of an honors program, at least a second class).
- These are available to pursue a master degree.
- Holders with a good academic record who have already completed, or expect to complete by July 2017, one year of a recognized M.Sc. program in mathematics.
- Pupils who have completed, or expect to complete by July 2017, three or four years of a five-year integrated M.Sc. program in mathematics with cumulative marks/grade equivalent to a first class.
- Indian applicants are eligible for these grants.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: Applicants can apply by post. Applications on plain paper should be made in the format given at the end of this advertisement. They should be sent, along with a recent passport-sized photograph of the applicant affixed to it and a self-addressed envelope, to the Zonal Coordinator of the zone in which the candidate wishes to appear for the written test.
- The envelope containing the application should be super-scribed NBHM MA/MSc Scholarships.
- Each candidate should clearly indicate two centers from the zone in which (s)he wishes to appear for the test, in order of preference
- Admission Requirements: Applicants must have an undergraduate degree.
Benefit: Successful candidates will receive an award of Rs. 6,000/- (Rupees Six Thousand Only) per month, during the two year period of the post-graduate program.
Application Deadline: Closed