The Postdoctoral Program at IIASA offers fully funded research positions of up to two years to study topics related to the IIASA research agenda. Preference will be given to applicants who are nationals of countries where IIASA has a National Member Organization.
The aim of the positions is to provide an opportunity for young researchers. The International Institute for Applied Systems Analysis is an international research organization located in Austria.
Excellent opportunity for students who are studying in Postdoctoral research program.
User Review( votes)
The International Institute for Applied Systems Analysis (IIASA) is seeking excellent researchers for Postdoctoral Research Positions. These positions are open for the applicants of countries where IIASA has a National Member Organization.
University or Organization: The International Institute for Applied Systems Analysis
Course Level: Postdoctoral research program
Award: 39,000 EUR p.a.
Access Mode: Online
Number of Awards: NA
Nationality: Australia, Austria, Brazil, China, Egypt, Finland, Germany, India, Indonesia, Iran, Japan, Korea, Malaysia, Mexico, Netherlands, Norway, Pakistan, Russia, South Africa, Sweden, Ukraine, United Kingdom, USA, and Vietnam
The program can be taken in Austria
Application Deadline: July 12, 2019
- Applicants of Australia, Austria, Brazil, China, Egypt, Finland, Germany, India, Indonesia, Iran, Japan, Korea, Malaysia, Mexico, Netherlands, Norway, Pakistan, Russia, South Africa, Sweden, Ukraine, United Kingdom, USA, and Vietnam can apply for these positions.
- These positions are awarded in the fields offered by the university.
- Applicants must meet the following eligibility requirements:
- Candidates should have their Ph.D. at the time of taking up the appointment and are expected to have a proven record of research accomplishments, and a solid working knowledge of English
- Candidates should have held their Ph.D. for less than five years at the application deadline
- The fellowship requires you to be present at IIASA (the typical period for IIASA-funded postdoctoral support is 12-24 months). Please do not apply if you need to be away from the institute to do your research or expect IIASA to fund field research overseas
- Preference will be given to applicants who are nationals of countries where IIASA has a National Member Organization
- IIASA does not do lab-type research and therefore has no labs
How to Apply
- How to Apply: The mode of applying is online. Candidates are required to submit a research proposal, which will form the basis for a co-designed research agenda that couples their own interests with the IIASA research agenda.
- Language Requirements: The candidate should have a very good command over the English language.
Benefit: These positions will cover the followings:
- An allowance for relocation expenses to and from Laxenburg;
- Limited support for monthly business travel;
- A scholarship that is internationally competitive (~ 39,000 EUR p.a.). It is exempt from taxation in Austria but subject to the principle of income aggregation;
- All appointees are eligible for either state or private health insurance.