The NCKU Taiwan Semiconductor Scholarship is available for fall 2023 and is funded by Taiwan Government. The applications are open to the Czech Republic, Slovakia, Lithuania, and Poland students.
The opportunity is available for students pursuing a postgraduate degree in semiconductor research at NCKU, NTU, NTHU, NYCU, or NSYSU in Taiwan. The award program will be awarded a full tuition fee, a stipend, and round-trip flights to and from Taiwan.
Nice offer to study in Taiwan.
User Review( votes)
Founded on 15 January 1931, National Cheng Kung University (NCKU) ranked #1 in Taiwan and 33rd Worldwide. It is best known for computer science, engineering, medicine, planning, and design.
Why study at National Cheng Kung University? NCKU offers a borderless learning environment for students on its campuses. It is a research-led comprehensive university that offers 42 bachelor’s, 74 master’s, 53 PhD, and 17 master’s programs for working professionals.
Application Deadline: 15 March 2023.
- University or Organization: National Cheng Kung University
- Department: NA
- Course Level: MS or PhD
- Award: Full tuition fees, a monthly stipend of TWD 25,000 for masters and 40,000 for PhD
- Access Mode: Online
- Number of Awards: Varies
- Nationality: Citizens of the Czech Republic, Slovakia, Lithuania, and Poland
- The award can be taken in Taiwan
- Eligible Countries: The Czech Republic, Slovakia, Lithuania, and Poland
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: NCKU provides top-notch education and research training in semiconductor fields.
- Applicants to study at NCKU must be semiconductors related, including:
- AISSM: Integrated Circuit Design, Semiconductor Process Technology, Semiconductor Packaging and Testing, Key Materials, Smart and Sustainable Manufacturing
- EECS: Electrical Engineering, Microelectronics, Manufacturing Information, and Systems
- Engineering: Materials Science and Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering
- Science: Physics, Photonics
- Admissible Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following criteria:
- Applicants must be a citizen of the Czech Republic, Slovakia, Lithuania, and Poland
- Applicants must be pursuing or be planning to pursue MS or PhD degree at NCKU for the 2023 fall semester
How to Apply
- How to Apply: Applicants should register online first, and the form ‘Application for Admission of National Cheng Kung University’ can be completed online.
- Supporting Documents: Applicants must submit the following:
- Declaration Form: Applicants should download and print the ‘Declaration’ form from the website; sign and upload the scanned file to complete the application.
- Highest degree diploma
- Official transcripts by years
- A financial statement
- Two recommendation letters
- Identity card and/or passport, the ROC alien resident certificate (if available), and the Certificate of the R.O.C. Non-Household Registration, or other credentials (if applicable)
- Study plan
- English(/Chinese) autobiography
- Academic thesis or relevant publications (for Ph.D. program applicants)
- Additional requirements by the intended department/institute (if applicable)
- Other reference documents (if applicable): Applicants are welcome to attach any additional documents which may favor their application.
- Admission Requirements: Applications to study at NCKU must be semiconductors related, including all programs of AISSM and the eligible departments/institutes of EECS, Engineering, and Science included as the semiconductor fields at NCKU.
- Language Requirement: A strong proficiency in the English language is essential for admission into universities in Taiwan. Applicant’s students need to complete the TOEFL exam with a minimum score of 72.
Successful applicants will receive all the following:
- Full tuition fees reimbursements for master’s students for a study period of up to 2 years and up to 4 years for PhD students
- A monthly stipend of TWD 25,000 (~800 EURO) for master’s students (up to 2 years) and TWD 40,000 (~1300 EURO) for PhD students (up to 4 years)
- Round-trip flights to and from Taiwan