The Madison Charitable Foundation provides a range of scholarships of $50,000 awards to tuition assistance for deserving undergraduate students.
The Ole Miss First Scholarship Program is a four-year scholarship program open for entering first-year students. Selected students will receive $4,500 per year to cover eight semesters of tuition based on outstanding high school records of academic excellence.
Nice opportunity to study in the USA.
User Review( votes)
The Madison Charitable Foundation has delivered over $1.7 million to UM over the years, giving more than $5 million to support the University of Mississippi Medical Center. The foundation supports a wide variety of charitable organizations, ranging from children’s hospitals and universities to food banks and after-school care organizations for underprivileged children.
Why study at the University of Mississippi? Chartered on 24 February 1844, UM is the state’s flagship university, affectionately known as Ole Miss, and has 16 academic divisions. With over 80 undergraduate majors, Ole Miss offers students a chance to chart their future and pursue their interests. Ole Miss is home to several unique national centers of research and study.
Application Deadline: Open for the 2023/24 academic year.
- University or Organization: Madison Charitable Foundation
- Department: All
- Course Level: Undergraduate
- Award: $50,000
- Access Mode: Online
- Number of Awards: Varies
- Nationality: Domestic
- The award can be taken in the United States
- Eligible Countries: Only the USA.
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: The scholarship will be awarded for the undergraduate degree program at the University of Mississippi in the USA.
- Admissible Criteria: To be eligible, incoming freshmen must meet all the following criteria:
- Minimum high school GPA of 3.0
- Typically ACT of 25+ unless otherwise specified
- Demonstrated involvement in high school activities
- Demonstrated community service
- Financial need as designated by scholarship
- Must be registered for 12 semester hours
How to Apply
If you are ready to be a Rebel, take the next step by filling out a freshman application for Ole Miss.
- How to Apply: Apply for admission to The University of Mississippi. Complete Entering Freshman Scholarship Application. In some cases, the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) is also required. Applicants may complete the FAFSA online at fafsa.ed.gov.
- Supporting Documents: Students must submit a high school transcript and official standardized test scores (ACT or SAT)
- Admission Requirements: The University will accept super scores for the 2023-2024 academic year. (Highest subject tests from ACT/SAT when scores from multiple test dates are submitted) for admission. For detailed information about admission requirements, click here.
- Language Requirement: Applicants must have considerable communication skills (i.e., reading, writing, listening, and speaking).
- Entering first-year students are selected to receive a four-year scholarship of $4,500 per year based on outstanding high school records of academic excellence, leadership, and commitment to service.
- Additionally, some scholarships are based on financial need, academic major, or geographic location.
- Each Ole Miss First Scholarship is based on a pledge of $5,000 per year for five years, for a total of $25,000, to cover eight semesters of tuition for an undergraduate student.
- A scholarship endowment can be created at the $125,000 level and awarded perpetually.