Rochester Institute of Technology is offering Network Security Free Online Course. In this course, you will examine the various areas of network security including intrusion detection, evidence collection and defense against cyber attacks.
Applicants will learn the process of network security, including intrusion detection, evidence collection, network auditing, and contingency planning against attacks. The course will start on September 26, 2017.
User Review( votes)
Course At A Glance
Length: 8 weeks
Effort: 10-12 hours pw
Subject: Computer Science
Institution: Rochester Institute of Technology and edx
Certificate Available: Yes, Add a Verified Certificate for $150
Session: Course Starts on September 26, 2017
Rochester Institute of Technology is home to leading creators, entrepreneurs, innovators and researchers. Founded in 1829, RIT enrolls more than 18,600 students in more than 200 career-oriented and professional programs, making it among the largest private universities in the U.S.
About This Course
In this course, you will examine the various areas of network security including intrusion detection, evidence collection and defense against cyber attacks.
The issues and facilities available to both the intruder and data network administrator will also be examined to illustrate their effect.
Why Take This Course?
You will learn the principles and concepts of wired and wireless data network security. You will be guided through a series of laboratories and experiments in order to explore various mechanisms for securing data networks including physical layer mechanisms, filters, applications and encryption.
You will analyze attack/defend scenarios and determine the effectiveness of particular defense deployments against attacks.
- How to identify when attacks are happening inside networks
- How to collect evidence of network intrusions
- How to test networks and systems for vulnerabilities
- How to design and implement network security policy
- How to prepare for and defend against network attacks
Jonathan S. Weissman
Lecturer, Computing Security, RIT
Successful completion of CYBER501x Cybersecurity Fundamentals
How To Join This Course
- Go to the course website link
- Create an edX account to SignUp
- Choose “Register Now” to get started.
- EdX offers honor code certificates of achievement, verified certificates of achievement, and XSeries certificates of achievement. Currently, verified certificates are only available in some courses.
- Once applicant sign up for a course and activate their account, click on the Log In button on the edx.org homepage and type in their email address and edX password. This will take them to the dashboard, with access to each of their active courses. (Before a course begins, it will be listed on their dashboard but will not yet have a “view course” option.)