National Handicapped Finance & Development Corporation (NHFDC) is offering scholarships for Indian students with disabilities across India. These opportunities are offered under the Government of India, Ministry of Social Justice & Empowerment.
The bursaries are available for pursuing graduate and postgraduate professional courses at various reputed organizations in India. Students who get admission to a college to pursue technical/professional courses, on the basis of a competitive examination are eligible for the opportunity without any consideration of percentage of marks at higher secondary/graduation level.
A fine program for applicants.
User Review( votes)
- Study Subject (s): The studentships are provided to study any available course at universities.
- Course Level: The bursaries are available for pursuing graduate and postgraduate level at the graduate and postgraduate level at a various reputed organization in India.
- Scholarship Provider: National Handicapped Finance & Development Corporation (NHFDC).
- The award can be taken at India
- Under this scheme, 1500 financial aid positions will be awarded to eligible students with disabilities for degree and postgraduate level professional and technical courses from recognized institutions in India.
- Students who get admission to a college to pursue technical/professional courses, on the basis of a competitive examination will be eligible for the opportunity without any consideration of percentage of marks at higher secondary/graduation level.
- Students who get admission in technical/professional courses without facing any competitive examination will also be eligible for a scholarship.
- A candidate who is awarded funding for one course, after its completion will be eligible for another course too.
Open for International Students: The students of India can apply for these endowments.
The number of awards (s): To start with every year 1500 financial aid positions will be provided to the differently-abled students throughout the country. 30% financial aid positions will be reserved for girls, which will be transferable to male students in case of non-availability of female candidates.
Duration of award(s): Not Known
- What does it cover? The following benefits will be available under the scheme:-
- Non-refundable fees shall be fully awarded in case of Government/Government-aided institution. In the case of private Institutes, the reimbursement would be restricted to similar courses in Government/Government-aided institutions.
- Maintenance allowance will be paid to the students for a period of 10 months only in one academic year at the following rates:-
- for Professional Graduate Courses: 2500/( Maintenance allowance p.a) 6000/(Book/Stationery allowance).
- for Professional Post-Graduate courses: 3000/( Maintenance allowance p.a) and 10000/(Book/Stationery allowance).
- Differently-abled students, in addition, will be provided aids and appliances, only once during lifetime, as given below:
- Visually Handicapped:
- For blind: Rs. 10,000 (Brailler / Brailler Typewriter), Rs. 40,000 (Laptop with Screen reading software)
- For low vision: Rs. 60,000 (Laptop with Screen Magnification software)
- Hearing Handicapped: Rs 50,000 + Rs 3600 p.a.(Binaural digital programmable hearing aid with
- annual provision of button cells), Rs 5,000 (Cell phone with SMS SIM card) and Rs 70,000 (Laptop with
- WiFi (Blue tooth) facility).
- Orthopaedically Handicapped: Rs. 40,000 (Laptop)
How to Apply: The mode of applying is online.
Application Deadline: Closed