Applications are invited for NIDA Internship for 2018 academic year. Through this program, high school and undergraduate students are introduced to the field of substance abuse and addiction research.
Applicants will participate in an 8-week research internship with NIDA’s most distinguished scientists at universities across the United States. Undergraduate students will receive stipends in the amount of $12.00 per hour for a maximum stipend of $3,840 for eight weeks. The internship application deadline is February 14, 2018.
User Review( votes)
Field of Internship: The National Institute on Drug Abuse Summer Research Internship Program supports undergraduate students with a focus on increasing underrepresented populations in drug abuse research.
Course Level: Internship
Internship Provider: The National Institute on Drug Abuse (NIDA)
Internship can be taken in the USA
- This program provides summer research internships for undergraduate students 18 years and older, with a focus on recruiting students underrepresented in the biomedical, behavioral, and clinical sciences (American Indian/Alaska Native, Black/African American, Hispanic/Latino, Native Hawaiian/Pacific Islander), graduating 2018 college seniors are eligible to apply.
- Applicants must be at least 18 years old by May 31, 2018, and must be U.S. citizens or permanent residents of the United States (No Exceptions).
- Individuals who have already participated in the NIDA Summer Research Internship Program are no longer eligible to apply.
Internship Open for International Students: Students of USA (American Indian/Alaska Native, Black/African American, Hispanic/Latino, and Native Hawaiian/Pacific Islander) are eligible to apply for this internship programme.
Is this paid internship? Yes, Interns will receive stipends in the amount of $12.00 per hour for a maximum stipend of $3,840 for eight weeks.
Internship Description: The National Institute on Drug Abuse Summer Research Internship Program supports undergraduate students with a focus on increasing underrepresented populations in drug abuse research. Through this program, students age 18 years and older are introduced to the field of drug abuse and addiction research by participating in research internships with NIDA’s distinguished scientists at universities across the United States. Students work with leading scientists for eight weeks during the summer.
Number of awards offered: Not Known
Internship Duration: The duration of the internship is 8 weeks.
How to Apply: To apply for this program, fill in all sections of the electronic application form and submit the required application components.
Application components include:
- A completed application form,
- Current transcripts (unofficial transcripts are acceptable), and
- Two letters of recommendation preferably on letterhead.
Internship Application Deadline: All application materials must be submitted by Friday, February 12, 2018.