The National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases (NIAID) is offering the Data Science Fellowship administered by ORAU.
User Review( votes)
NIAID has established this program to develop a cadre of talented data scientists who have a keen interest in applying their bioinformatics and data science expertise to advance research on infectious and immune-mediated diseases.
The National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases (NIAID) is one of the 27 institutes and centres that make up the National Institutes of Health (NIH). ORAU is a nonprofit corporation that manages the Oak Ridge Institute for Science and Education (ORISE) for the U.S. Department of Energy (DOE).
Application Deadline: August 20, 2020, 11:59:00 PM Eastern Time Zone
- University or Organization: ORISE / NIAID
- Department: NA
- Course Level: Higher Education
- Award: An annual stipend $67,600 – $85,000, health benefits and $6,000 for travel & training allowance
- Access Mode: Online
- Number of Awards: NA
- Nationality: U.S. citizens
- The award can be taken in the United States
- Eligible Countries: Applications are open only in the United States
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: The fellowship will be awarded in the following disciplines in multiple areas: Computer Sciences (17), Engineering (6 ), Life Health and Medical Sciences (2 ), and Mathematics and Statistics (11 )
- Admissible Criteria: The applicants must be S. citizens
- The qualified candidate must have received a master’s or doctoral degree in one of the relevant fields. Degree must have been received within five years of the appointment start date.
- Current students who are close to completing their degrees may apply but must have completed their degrees by the start of the fellowship.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: To get Data Science Fellowship, applicants are in need to do registration by submitting an online application.
- Required Documents: Applicants must upload a CV/Resume while doing registration for the application.
- Entry Requirements: Applicants must have received a relevant Master’s Degree or Doctoral Degree within the last 60 months
- Language Requirement: Candidates must have an excellent knowledge of the English language (Reading, Writing, and Speaking)
The NIH-NIAID will provide all the following benefits:
- One year paid fellowship with the potential of second-year renewal
- Winners will get an annual stipend $67,600 – $85,000 annually that based on education and experience
- 100% of health insurance premiums cover for individuals or families, as appropriate.
- $6,000 for travel ($3,500) & training ($3,500) allowance