Applications are invited from suitably qualified students to study full-time towards a doctoral degree in the humanities and social sciences at any of the participating South African public universities.
Scholarships are awarded only for South African citizens from designated groups, with a preference to those from previously disadvantaged portions of the population.
Exceptional Doctoral Scholarships for South African Students.
User Review( votes)
The main objective of this program is to promote the program in the humanities and social sciences in South Africa, specifically among designated groups.
- Only South African citizens from designated groups, with a preference to those from previously disadvantaged portions of the population and successful completion of a Master’s degree, or entering the first year of PhD/doctoral study following an upgrade from a Master’s registration, or registered for PhD study in the first year of enrollment.
- Awards are awarded in the field of humanities and social sciences.
- South African citizens can apply for this doctoral study.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: Applications should be sent electronically to The Secretary, SAHUDA Selection Committee: sahuda.nihss-at-gmail.com. Applicants are requested to name the files of their supporting documents appropriately and submit their full applications in a single email.
- Supporting Documents: To apply, students must be ready to submit the cover page, Letter of confirmation, motivation letter, Two letters of recommendation from academics, certified copy of your ID, Sample copies of your best writing, certified copy of your full academic transcript/s, research proposal.
- Admission Requirements: To apply for the program applicants must have a previous degree.
- Language Requirement: Applicants whose first language is not English are usually required to provide evidence of proficiency in English at the higher level required by the University.
The value of the award is R120 000 in the first year. Annual renewals are subject to proof of satisfactory progress. The maximum period for the award is three years.
Application Deadline: Closed