Nitori International Scholarship Foundation is delighted to offer an excellent program to high calibre students at the University of Tokyo. This opportunity is open for the academic year 2020-21.
Students, who are starting master level studies from October 1, 2020, are eligible to apply for this application . This fund will provide 80,000 JPY per month to students with non-Japanese nationality.
A valuable program for international students in Japan.
User Review( votes)
The University of Tokyo was established in 1877 by merging two outstanding education centres named Tokyo Kaisei School and Tokyo Medical School. It runs a wide range of lucrative degree programs and courses that help students develop academically.
Why at the University of Tokyo? The university will provide you with a great opportunity that will help you gain an education in Japan by providing you with financial support. If you find yourself struggling to earn education abroad, this can be your chance to achieve your education goal.
Application Deadline: June 10, 2020
- University or Organization: Nitori International Scholarship Foundation and University of Tokyo
- Department: N/A
- Course Level: Master and doctoral
- Award: 80,000 JPY/month
- Number of Awards: NA
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: Non-Japanese nationality
- The award can be taken in Japan
- Eligible Countries: All nationalities
- Eligible Course or Subjects: Master and doctoral degree program
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following criteria:
- Students with non-Japanese nationality who will have ‘college student’ visa status from October 1, 2020, and will register their residence in Japan.
- Regular students who will be in the first or second academic year of a master course (incl. integrated master’s and doctoral class) as of October 2020.
- Those who are of good enough health to pursuit studies in Japan, of excellent academic record, of good personality.
- Those who can communicate in Japanese.
- Those who can contribute to international understandings and mutual friendships.
- Those who can attend Scholarship Students Activities held by NISF.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: To win this application , first, you will have to take admission at a university in Japan. You are required to fill out an online application form.
- Supporting Documents: Pre-qualification degree, copies of academic transcripts and award, certificates of English language proficiency, a statement, a copy of passport
- Admission Requirements: For the master course, candidates must have a bachelor degree and for doctoral, they must hold a master degree from a recognized college and university.
- Language Requirement: For most of its courses, the university accepts TOEFL (iBT) with the
a score of 90, IELTS with an overall band score of 6.5, or Cambridge English Qualifications.
Benefits: The total value of this fund is 80,000 JPY/month that will support students to cover educational expenses.