If you want to apply for a postdoctoral degree in Norway, then go ahead to become a part of the NMBU Postdoctoral Fellowship program funded by the Norwegian University of Science and Technology.
The studentship is open for outstanding international candidates and the main purpose of the postdoctoral position is to qualify for work in a high-level scientific program.
Fantastic opportunity to gain a postdoctoral degree with an educational fund in Norway.
User Review( votes)
Founded in 1760, the Norwegian University of Science and Technology is the largest university located in Norway. It has the main national responsibility for education and research in engineering and technology.
Why at the Norwegian University of Science and Technology? By joining NMBU, candidates have the opportunity to advance your international career as part of a world-class research team. Students interested in a research-oriented program or an applied program will have plenty of options in Norway.
Application Deadline: May 15, 2020
- University: Norwegian University of Science and Technology
- Department: NA
- Course Level: Postdoctoral
- Award: NOK 523.200-741.300
- Access Mode: Online
- Number of Awards: Two
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in Norway
- Eligible Countries: All nationalities
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: Postdoctoral programme within metagenomic analysis of microbial communities.
- Admissible Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following criteria:
- PhD degree in microbiology/bioinformatics, with specific emphasis on functional microbial multi-omic data analysis.
- Methods for microbial community DNA extraction, shotgun metagenomic sequencing, assembly and binning.
- Methods for microbial community protein extraction, protein purification and metaproteomic data generation.
- Bioinformatic analysis of DNA and peptide data, ability to process large meta-omic datasets.
- Fluent programming skills in at least one language.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: Applicants can only apply for this position through the e-recruitment system. Thereafter, candidates must have to fill out the online application form.
- Supporting Documents: No additional documents for the award would be asked by the university but there is a possibility of asking at the time of admission.
- Admission Requirements: For taking admission, applicants must meet all the entry requirements of the university.
- Language Requirement: You should check the English language requirements when you come to study at the Norwegian University of Science and Technology University.
Benefits: The Norwegian University of Science and Technology will provide all the salary NOK 523.200-741.300, depending on qualifications.