The Swansea University is inviting excellent aspirants to apply for the Aerospace Engineering Fully-Funded EPSRC DTP PhD Scholarship. The award program is available for the UK and EU students for the academic year 2021-2022.
The main objective of this program is to study the dynamic behaviour of a nonlinear aero plastic system due to gust input and to investigate the use of a variety of linear/nonlinear active control approaches.
An acceptable offer to receive a fully-funded award for Phd study in the UK.
User Review( votes)
The Swansea University is the third-largest university in Wales that offers about 330 undergraduate courses and 120 post-graduate courses to 19,160 undergraduate and postgraduate students. The university listed as one of the top 400 universities in the World University Rankings.
Why study at Swansea University? The university provides the accommodation space with the outstanding teaching facilities and personality development guides for students. Here students will get opportunities to participate in many cultural, sports and other activities.
Application Deadline: May 31, 2020
- University or Organization: Swansea University
- Department: NA
- Course Level: PhD
- Award: Cover tuition fees+annual stipend of £15,009
- Access Mode: Online
- Number of Awards: Not Known
- Nationality: UK & EU Students
- The award can be taken in the UK
- Eligible Countries: Applicants from the UK and EU are eligible to apply for the opportunity.
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: PhD program in the subject area of aerospace engineering.
- Admissible Criteria: To be eligible, applicants must have to meet the following criteria:
- Should hold a minimum of an upper second class (2:1) honours degree (or it’s equivalent) in Mechanical/Aerospace/Aeronautical Engineering or similar discipline.
- Familiarity with modelling in Matlab/Simulink and experience in experimental work involving real-time control systems (e.g. National Instruments, dSPACE) would be beneficial.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: In order to apply for the opportunity , applicants must complete and send the College of Engineering PGR application and Equality, Diversity and Inclusion Monitoring Form to Dr Shakir Jiffri ([email protected]).
- Supporting Documents: Candidates must submit the degree certificates, transcripts, CV, covering letter and please arrange for two written reference letters to be sent directly from your chosen referees (academic or previous employer) to the listed contact email.
- Admission Requirements: Applicants must check the academic entry requirements of the chosen program.
- Language Requirement: If your education has not been conducted in the English language, you will be expected to demonstrate evidence of an adequate level of English proficiency. For more information go through the English language requirements page.
The scholarship covers the full cost of UK/EU tuition fees and an annual stipend of £15,009. Stipend and tuition fees are available to applicants who have been resident in the UK for 3 years. EU applicants not meeting this condition are eligible for tuition fees only.