Norwegian Ministry of Foreign Affairs (NMFA) offers NMFA Scholarships for Myanmar Students at Asian Institute of Technology in Thailand. The grant is for pursuing master’s studies. The students must have completed a bachelor degree and have proficiency in written and spoken English. Students must be below 40 years of age and have one year of experience. The scholarship cover application processing fee, tuition and registration fee, monthly bursary and accommodation, visa fees, medical insurance, books and research allowance and a return air ticket from Yangon-Bangkok-Yangon. The last date for applying is 15 February 2013.
Study Subject(s): The grant is provided to learn any of the course offered by the university at master’s level.
Course Level: This scholarship is for pursuing postgraduate degree level.
Scholarship Provider: Norwegian Ministry of Foreign Affairs (NMFA)
The award can be taken at: Thailand
User Review( votes)
– Have completed a Bachelor degree from a recognized university of good standing and reputation, with a GPA of at least 2.75 out of 4.0 or equivalent.
– Demonstrate proficiency in spoken and written English (IELTS 4.5 or equivalent or AITEE)
– Be below 40 years of age at the time of enrolment (August 2013)
– Should have at least 1 year of working experience
– Demonstrate the motivation and capacity to successfully complete a university program
– Demonstrate the motivation and capacity to contribute to the development and capacity building of Myanmar
Scholarship Open for Students of Following Countries: The students of Myanmar can apply for this application .
Description: Recognizing that education is essential for sustainable development, the Norwegian Ministry of Foreign Affairs (NMFA) is offering scholarships to eligible Myanmar citizens for post-graduate studies at the Asian Institute of Technology. Through this application program, the Royal Norwegian Government seeks to contribute to capacity development in all relevant sectors for the sustainable transformation of Myanmar into a modern Nation that builds its own sustainable future.
Number of awards offered: Not Known
Duration of award(s): Not Known
What does it cover? The program covers application processing fee, tuition and registration fee, monthly bursary and accommodation, visa fees, medical insurance, books and research allowance, and a return air ticket from Yangon-Bangkok-Yangon.
Selection Criteria: The studentships are awarded on the basis of academic record, application form, references, English language test and interview and a personal statement and essay indicating the applicant’s English language skills and capacity for university education as well as their commitment to the development of the country. Equity in terms of age, ethnicity, location and gender will be taken into account.
Notification: Not Known
How to Apply: The mode of applying is post and electronically.
Application Procedure: Complete the NMFA/AIT application Form, and also include:
a. Copy of your academic certificate/transcript
b. A personal statement (English language, max. 400 words)
c. Names of two (2) referees: one, a teacher or academic advisor familiar with your academic capacity or your employer the other a responsible adult, other than a family member, who knows you well
2. Email application documents to: [email protected]
3. If you don’t have regular access to the internet, you can submit your application to one of the addresses below
4. The closing date for receipt of applications is 15th February 2013.
5. You will be contacted by the NMFA/AIT scholarship selection team for the next steps in the selection process only if you are shortlisted by the AIT schools to which you apply
You can obtain application form and submit hardcopies of your application to one of the following addresses
AIT admissions office Admissions and Scholarships Unit
Asian Institute of Technology
P.O. Box. 4 , Klong Luang
application Deadline: The last date of applications is 15th February 2013.