Norman Macgeorge Scholarship is now open for high-achieving students for the session 2020/21. The funding programme is organized by the University of Melbourne in Australia.
The award is open for domestic and international applicants to pursue a research program at the university. It enables PhD students to conduct research trips overseas from July 1.
Established in 1853, the University of Melbourne is a public research university in Australia. It makes distinctive contributions to society in research, learning and teaching and engagement.
Why study at the University of Melbourne? While studying at Melbourne, students will enjoy a healthy study/life balance as well as an active lifestyle. The university offers gold-standard teaching and cutting-edge research at nationally and globally.
Application Deadline: May 27, 2020
- University: University of Melbourne
- Department: NA
- Course Level: Research
- Awards: Up to $6,000
- Access Mode: Online
- Number of Awards: 1 or more
- Nationality: Australian & International students
- The award can be taken in Australia
- Eligible Countries: All nationalities
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: A research program in Architecture, building and planning; Historical, philosophical, political and social studies; Language, literature and cultural studies; Music; Performing and visual arts, theatre, film and television
- Admissible Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following criteria:
- Be a PhD student at the University of Melbourne and have completed an Australian honours degree or equivalent at a high level of achievement
- Be in the early stages of your candidacy for a research higher degree in the visual, creative and performing arts, music, architecture, conservation, literature, creative writing, language, history, philosophy and anthropology at the University of Melbourne and have maintained satisfactory progress since the commencement
- Be enrolled as a full or part-time student at the University of Melbourne
How to Apply
- How to Apply: Before applying for the award, applicants need to enrol in a PhD degree program at the university. After being enrolled, applicants can apply for the online application form for this grant.
- Supporting Documents: You may also have to provide an academic transcript, CV, evidence of English language proficiency. A research proposal, folio of creative works, a proposed program for the research trip or writing sample required for a research degree.
- Admission Requirements: For taking admission, applicants must have previous year degree from a recognised university.
- Language Requirement: Participants must meet the English language requirements.
Benefits: The University of Melbourne will provide up to $6,000 toward travel expenses.