The University of Bologna has established the NRRP PhD International Scholarships in Italy. The programme is available for the academic year 2022-2023. The applicants must apply for a PhD degree programme in an eligible field of study to be considered.
The scholarship is valued at approximately €69,991 with various other allowances. A total of 289 students will be awarded this scholarship, given that they hold an undergraduate or graduate degree program at the University of Bologna or an Italian institute or university.
Worthy offer for students in Italy.
User Review( votes)
Ranked 117th in Best Global Universities, the University of Bologna is one of the top public research universities in Bologna. The university aims to pave the way for innovation through an increasingly rich programme catalogue, cutting-edge research, and a constant and broad international perspective.
Why study at the University of Bologna? The University of Bologna is said to be the oldest university in the western world, continually intertwined with the great names of innovations in science and literature. High-profile professors teach at the university using interdisciplinary training through courses and seminars complementary to the university course.
Application Deadline: All applicants must be submitted by 2nd August 2022.
- University or Organization: University of Bologna
- Department: NA
- Course Level: PhD
- Award: €69,991
- Number of Awards: 289
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in Italy.
- Eligible Countries: All nationalities.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: Students can undertake PhD study programmes in Biological, Geological and Agricultural Sciences, Legal, Political, Economic, Statistical Sciences, Engineering Sciences, Mathematical, Physical, Chemical and Astronomical Sciences, Medical, Pharmaceutical and Veterinary Sciences, or Humanistic Sciences offered at the University of Bologna.
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following/given criteria:
- The applicants must have an undergraduate or graduate or a second-cycle or single-cycle degree from the University of Bologna or another Italian institute or university.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: Students can apply for the PhD programme of choice via the university’s application portal, Studneti Online. All eligible students will be considered.
- Supporting Documents: The students are required to present the following documents to the university:
- Reference letter
- Academic transcripts
- Admission Requirements: The applicants must have an equivalent Second Cycle Degree awarded by academic institutions part of AFAM (Alta Formazione Artistica e Musicale).
- Language Requirement: The students must submit scores of the following English language proficiency tests:
- Certification by the Centro Linguistico di Ateneo (CLA) of Unibo.
- First cycle degree (bachelor’s) taught in English.
- B2 level English exam in their Bachelor’s study plan.
- The applicant is an English native speaker (to be indicated in the CV)
The selected candidates will be provided with a three-year PhD scholarship amounting to €69,991, with an indicative net stipend of approximately €1,200 for 12 months. Each student will also be given a budget for research-related expenses amounting to about €5,000 for the three years and a top-up of €600/month for six months during the periods spent abroad.