Applications are invited for PhD scholarships in Sport and Exercise Science and Sport Management at Nanyang Technological University, Singapore. Scholarship is available for Singaporean and International students.
Based on your research interest, you as a full-time student will work on a doctoral research project under supervision by professor(s). Successful applicants will start enrolling in a PhD program in January 2019.
Nanyang Technological University, Singapore (NTU Singapore) is ranked 11th globally in the Quacquarelli Symonds (QS) World University Rankings 2018 and has been placed No. 1 among the world’s best young universities since 2014.
- Application Deadline: July 31, 2018
- Course Level: Scholarships are available to pursue PhD programme.
- Study Subject: Scholarships are awarded in Sport and Exercise Science and Sport Management.
- Scholarship Award: The monthly stipend will be S$3,000. The scholarship award will also cover the annual tuition fee, Employer CPF Contribution (for Singapore Citizens only), one-time conference allowance (which covers airfare, conference fee and accommodation) up to $4,000 in the 3rd or 4th year and airfare grant (for International Student only) of up to $2,000 (in-bound to Singapore on the most economical route of air travel from country of origin).
- Nationality: Available for Singaporean and International students.
- Number of Scholarships: Numbers not given
- Scholarship can be taken in Nanyang Technological University, Singapore
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
Eligible Countries: Available for Singaporean and International students.
Entrance Requirements: To be eligible for this scholarship you must meet the following requirements:
- You must have a Second Class (Upper Division) Honours or its equivalent
- You should not be on paid employment or accept paid employment or concurrently hold any other scholarship, fellowship, bursary or top-up allowance during the prescribed period of the award.
English Language Requirements: The University welcomes any applicants who have an interest to join our institute. While we have made no differentiation in entry requirements of our programmes between the local and international applicants, there is a need for international applicants and graduates of universities with non-English medium of instruction to show evidence of your competency in the English language. This is to ensure that you make the most out of your education here.
International applicants and graduates of universities with non-English medium of instruction are required to submit an official Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) score, the test taken not more than two years before the date of application. The International English Language Testing System (IELTS) score can be accepted in lieu of TOEFL. NIE may request additional evidence of written and spoken proficiency in English.
Applicants pursuing research programmes, except for graduates of the Autonomous Universities in Singapore, are required to submit a good Graduate Record Examination (GRE) score, the test taken not more than five years before the date of application. In lieu of GRE, applicants from India may use the Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) score of at least 90%, the test taken not more than three years before the date of application.
How to Apply: Before you apply, you are advised to visit the programme WebPages to view more details such as the programme structure, research areas and entry requirements. If you are applying for a research programme, you are advised to contact a potential supervisor before making a formal application. As a guide, you may wish to briefly introduce yourself, explain your research interests and mention the supervisor’s research that you find interesting.
Following which, you should apply via our online application system.