The School of Geography, Politics and Sociology offers a fully-funded PhD studentship in the area of Geographies of the former Yugoslavia in one of the six republics that made up Yugoslavia, Bosnia and Herzegovina at Newcastle University.
This is a full-time 3 years program designed to attract high achieving participants from any country who will undertake the PhD degree coursework for the academic year 2020-2021.
User Review( votes)
Founded in 1843, Newcastle University is a research university that offers around 175 full-time undergraduate degree programs in a wide range of subject areas.
Why at Newcastle University? At this university, the candidates have an opportunity to get success in a research career. It provides quality technical education and vocational training. Here students can get the destination for career, leadership, and volunteer opportunities.
Application Deadline: February 21 2020
- University: The School of Geography, Politics and Sociology
- Department: NA
- Course Level: PhD
- Award: 100% tuition fees
- Access Mode: Online
- Number of Awards:
- Nationality: UK, EU& International Students
- The award can be taken in the UK
- Eligible Countries: Applications are accepted from all over the world.
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: The PhD scholarship will be awarded in Geographies of the former Yugoslavia
- Admissible Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following criteria:
- 2:1 Honours degree or international equivalent and a demonstrable interest in conflict-affected societies and social scientific inquiry.
- A further qualification (MA/MRes) is advantageous. Additional 6 months of research training would be provided through the Faculty Research Training Programme for applicants without research accredited MA qualification.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: For applying to this education award, you are needed to be enrolled in the PhD coursework at Newcastle University. After taking admission, seekers can submit the online award application form.
- Supporting Documents: Must attach the details of your qualifications, including pre-university qualifications, personal statement why you are applying for this application
- Admission Requirements: Before you apply you should check the entry requirements for your chosen degree.
- Language Requirement: If you are not a native English speaker, you will need to show that you have adequate knowledge of written and spoken English.
The educational award covers 100% of the tuition fees for the full duration of the postgraduate course. It also provides annual living expenses of £15,009 for the successful students.